Before I could even respond to him subtly friendzoning me, his eyes drifted apart from me as if he’s looking at someone who just passed from behind me. 

I simply looked over my shoulder and there I saw Lexie Sevilla together with her new girlfriends. My forehead furrowed as my blood suddenly boils when all the bad memories that I have with her began hitting me all at once. 

She and Courtney were best friends when we’re on the sixth grade. If you would ask me how many bad memories have I had with them then don’t. Because I lost count. 

But the most unforgettable bad memory that I have with them is when they accused me of something that I didn’t do. We have a classmate who sits in front, a parent went to the door while the teacher was discussing at ipinasuyo ang pagkain na pinrepare niya kina Courtney para ibigay sa anak niya dahil malapit sila sa pintuan. 

At bago pa iyon makarating doon sa anak niya, Courtney and Lexie secretly ate the cake… Yeah, it was a cake. I saw them since we are joined in the same row. 

They were both giggling while eating it and they even offered me some but I refused no matter how much I love food and cake back then because I know that taking something that isn’t meant for you is bad and it’s considered as stealing. 

To make the long story short, when our classmates found out, they put all the blame on me and then the whole class began calling me “matakaw” and “baboy” since then on. Sila pa nga ang nag-umpisa nang pagtawag sa akin ng mga pangalan. The audacity!

I was trying to explain that I didn’t eat the cake but since I was fat and both Courtney and Lexie were skinny, no one believed in me. 

Bata pa lang kami maganda na sila, e. They were the kind of kids that teachers always push to join those school’s little pageants and everything. While me,  I’ve always been the background. 

That’s the power of being fit in, people will more likely believe in you, listen to your opinions, and worship the ground that you are walking in. But if you’re an outcast, no matter how sensible your opinions are, no matter how much you try to pour your heart out in everything that you do, still, it wouldn’t be just enough… Because there is someone out there who people think that has more substance than you. 

The society has been always unfair.  

“You like Lexie?” I asked, trying to hide the firmness in my voice. 

He brings his attention back to me. He eyed me for a second and I just stared at him, stoic, and anticipating for answers. 

He shrugged. “She’s hot… maybe I do.” He said and in spite the lack of sincerity, I couldn’t still help but to feel pissed. Sa lahat ng babaeng gusto niyang kalaro, bakit si Lexie pa? 

“And she also have a boyfriend.” Cyprian said. That news suddenly calmed my boil down. Nice. 

“Ano, gusto mo pa?” Cyprian smirked. 

Colton, chuckled, shaking his head. “We don’t do that here,” A faint grin appeared on his lips, raising both his hands in surrender. 

Tumango-tango ako, pushing a small relieved sigh. “Good. She doesn’t deserve you.” 

Napangisi siya. “I don’t, too. No woman does. Ano ba’ng akala mo sa’kin, Mona? Matino?” Natatawa niyang tanong sa akin. 

“Mabait ka at marespeto. You are more than the asshole that you always view yourself… You know how to push others to become the better version of themselves.” I told him. 

Bahagyang naningkit ang kanyang mga mata habang nakangisi pa rin. “How did you know?” Aniya na para ba’ng gusto pa akong tawanan dahil ayaw niyang maniwala sa’kin.