That's Called Sexual Tension, Your Highness

Start from the beginning

Keith met his boyfriend's eyes for a moment, and knew Lance had read his mind once more. One day, it would ruin him, that Lance always knew when he was thinking inappropriate things. One day, he'd actually die of embarrassment, drown in his own blushing. In a look, he told the boy he didn't want to discuss it now, and that they'd get back to it later. 

Once the room stopped spinning around him, he resisted the temptation to kiss Lance, and pulled him along to the table where they sat down. "Yes, we cooked for you. I heard it's your favourite, and your mother is an excellent cook ánd teacher, so good that she managed to teach even me," he joked, helping Rosa distribute plates and cutlery from where he sat. 

The three of them filled their plates and started eating, the food creating smiles on all faces. Keith totally understood why this meal was Lance's favourite. It tasted homely and comfortable, just like the meal Lance had once cooked him. Maybe that's what family recipes always tasted like. Maybe that's what family was supposed to feel like. 

He lowered his fork and turned to his boyfriend. "So? Did I do a good job? Does it taste like it's supposed to?" He was confident he'd done all the right things, everything Rosa had instructed him to do, but still.. You could never be sure with sensitive things like cooking. He wanted to able to cook this for Lance in the situation Rosa had warned about, when she was no longer there. He needed to be able to do it perfectly, so Lance could depend on him. Lance seemed to be enjoying it, so that was a good sign. 

Keith continued eating as well, desperately trying not to get too distracted by Lance's eyes, by his lips. If he didn't stay focused, he might kiss Lance, right in front of his mother. And they couldn't have that, now could they?

Indeed, Lance was enjoying it. He'd never get tired of eating that. These last years his father and siblings had tried to replicate the recipe with no success. It just... Didn't taste the same. Perhaps due to the secret ingredient his ma always mentioned, tons and tons of love. But how could they add possitive feelings to it when baking it brought back so many memories? He swallowed down and looked up at his boyfriend. 

"It's perfect, cariño. I love it," he praised him sincerely. Keith had done a great job, specially considering he's never cooked anything before. Not like he really needs to learn anyways. "I would say it tastes even better, with extra love from you. Thank you." 

He smiled before continuing to eat, feeling Keith's eyes on him. 'Wow,' he thought with an amused smile. 'He must be starving right now. And we're eating. Guess the kissing hiatus did work after all.'

Rosa, who had noticed how her son had used spanish on the young prince, turned to him while putting down her glass. "Right, Lance did tell me you speak spanish," she said, genuinely interested. That could sure give him extra points. "Can I hear it?"

Keith smiled lovingly back at his boyfriend, taking in the praise and letting Lance's expression warm him from the inside. That was, until Rosa spoke. Keith looked up at her, his eyes widening. Right, the interrogation hadn't seized yet. Even though Rosa had given her approval, he still needed to impress her to the best of his abilities. 

He could do this, Spanish was his third best language, even though he sometimes mispronounced certain words. He cleared his throat and looked at Lance one more time. This wasn't the time to mess up, especially because Lance had rarely heard him speak Spanish before. 

"No hablo español perfecto, pero sí, lo hablo," he began, trying to remember all his lessons in grammar and pronunciation. "Aprendí a hablarlo para mejorar nuestras amistades con nuestros vecinos del sur, y porque hay una gran cantidad de literatura española interesante quise leerla para mi educación."