13; 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚

Start from the beginning

"i don't know what i want for a codename." wonwoo truthfully said, placing the empty bowl that he used in the dishwasher. "how will you choose your codename?"

jeonghan turned to wonwoo, being the one who was asked. "i think angel would do fine. i was born in october 4."

'1004'. jeonghan smiled to himself, pleased at the imagination of people calling him angel. that would fit him. (he lowkey wants to hear it from joshua, but whatever)

"how about you, jihoon?" jihoon propped himself up from the chair to get milk, glancing momentarily at wonwoo.

"i don't know."

"how about i decide for yours?!" soonyoung stood up from his chair, making a creaking sound. "woozi. that sounds nice, doesn't it?"

surprised, jihoon turns and nods. "it is. where did you get that?"

soonyoung proudly crossed his arms and held his chin up. "i got it from 'uri jihoon', combining 'u' and 'ji', then you change the spelling. woozi." jihoon was confused. "it fits you, shrimpy! uri jihoon is cute, and it kinda sounds like 'chibi' and you're chibi—"

seungcheol, who was passing by, smacks the back of soonyoung's head. "let him choose for himself, no-eyes."

meanwhile, chan was contemplating wether to put 'dino' on his profile, or something more sensible. he was just fond of dinosaurs, that's all.

"i think i'm gonna go with woozi." jihoon says, shoving the spoon full of milk and cereal into his mouth. he chews, before he spoke again. "i can't think of anything else."

"wow, he acknowledged your idea." mingyu commented, stretching to get ready for today. soonyoung made a comment about mingyu's stretching, just to get back at him. the others continued eating breakfast while chatting, but they didn't notice junhui.

junhui exchanged the handsoap by the sink with shampoo. it was a boring prank, but he enjoyed every second of laughing at seungcheol. "i swear to god, if you keep on doing these pranks, you're going to do all the chores!"

minghao, who watched the situation, felt a smile creep up his lips.

"okay, we're done!" seungcheol exclaimed. chan was trying to back away, but seungcheol caught him just before he was too far. "time to train, chan...." chan whined, getting dragged to the elevator.

"we'll get going!" vernon said, waving a hand at joshua who stayed behind. the others followed him.

"okay! thanks for your help!" joshua replied, referring to the documents regarding the profile updates, "HEUSC, send the file format as pdf." joshua commands his virtual assistant, then he waits for a confirmation.

"file sent, sir."

joshua smiled, swirling in his swivel chair. "okay, time to play some good shit." joshua opens steam on the computer in front of him.

"i.... i never thought i'd hear you curse." jeonghan's voice was shy—and it surprised joshua. joshua jumped in his seat, turning to his right where jeonghan was. he stayed behind, apparently. "you play computer games?"

"yeah." joshua turns back to his computer. jeonghan walks to where joshua sat, watching him fiddle around with the cursor as his game loads. "i find it fun. vernon plays with me sometimes, too."

the lounge page of the game shows, which joshua disregarded scanning. he immediately clicks on 'new game'. the game loads again. "babe, you're too fast. i didn't even get to read the name of the game."

joshua shows discomfort upon hearing the nickname again. "uh, about that..."

"about what?"

"the nicknames and the flirting." joshua replied, clicking impatiently on the game. it lagged because of joshua's consistent clicking, so joshua spoke again while he waited for the game to work again. "is that a thing that you do with friends, or are you naturally like that? do you like me?" at the last question, joshua swings his swivel chair to face jeonghan.

jeonghan was taken aback by the last question. he looks away while he blushed, fumbling with his fingers. "i didn't mean to give you that message, i just found your looks really attractive so i.. yeah, i did that."

joshua was enlightened, but fazed. jeonghan, who shamelessly flirted with him all day yesterday, is now shy. "to be honest, i'm unco-uncomfortable with the nicknames...." there! joshua spat it out, now all he had to find out was what jeonghan's reaction will be. offended, humoured, or...?

"it's hard not to try to flirt with you! i mean, you're gorgeous!" jeonghan reasoned, pouting a little. "but if you don't like the nicknames... i can't make you sit through my list of endearments. what's your real name?"

woah, okay. joshua just got told that he was gorgeous. "hong jisoo."

"jisoo is boring, lots of people have that name...." jeonghan fell into the trench of thoughts, while joshua processed all the information.

"wow, um, okay, ouch."

"i'll settle on one nickname so you won't be uncomfortable anymore!" jeonghan exclaimed, disparaging joshua's comments. "i think i'll call you joshuji!"

a/n: god this has so much drama and angst