9; 𝙜𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙤

"it says here that the bombing happens at 11:00 am, at heosan crossing. they're targeting.... the car that carries the son of moon sajan, moon jinsae." the file folder gets snatched away from mingyu's hands. wonwoo reads the file while sipping on hot chocolate. "seungcheol said that he got this from our informant just today, at dawn. we don't have much information, too."

"the bomb is not targeting moon jinsae." wonwoo states, opposing mingyu's statement. "the bomb is a distraction, so the people won't notice the actual murder of moon jinsae."

mingyu dumbly stared at wonwoo, waiting for hin to explain the situation further. wonwoo sighed before continuing, having the thought: is he too dumb to make a deduction himself? "look, we know the route that moon jinsae is taking. it's straight ahead, passing heosan crossing. the bomb is speculated to be about two streets away from heosan crossing. it's clearly just a stupid distraction. when all the people are huddled around on the site of the bombing, the killer will have moon jinsae all to himself, and not much audience."

"but the assassin would easily be spotted if there's no audience!"

wonwoo's eyes widen, then he smiles. mingyu noticed that his nose crinkled—and hey! that's the first time that he smiled in front of anyone! "that's a good point. but, from what i think, the butler of moon jinsae will be the killer."

"why?" mingyu flips through the papers, and then stops when he finds the file of moon jinsae's butler, kim heojoon. "what's with him?" mingyu points to the picture of the butler. mingyu winced a little, noticing how scruffy the butler looks.

"kim heojoon's brother, kim heojae, was an activist who once dared to defy moon jinsae's father. kim heojae was mysteriously murdered, and kim heojoon would obviously suspect the moons for his brother's murder. this is his revenge. but the moons didn't kill kim heojae, according to the files that were given. it says here that karasu mafia killed kim heojae—he was both an activist and a mafioso at the time." wonwoo says.

"oh, that's good, you figured it out before we ran out of time!" mingyu looks at the wall clock, reading 9:27. mingyu immediately sets the file down, standing up from the couch. "we need to get ready now, there are new clothes in the dresser of your room! bye!"

aw, man! mingyu won't have time to style his hair perfectly, pick the right notebook to bring, and pick which fountain pen he'll bring today! some of the fountain pens are too shitty, and sometimes, he brings notebooks that are too small.

yes. mingyu can't create an object bigger than the page that he wrote on. he has to predict which weapons he will be ought to use for today's case, so he can bring the right notebook.

mingyu chooses the notebook the size of hand guns. this should be enough.

"wonwoo, you ready?" mingyu's shoes made a satsifying sound, getting louder as he got nearer to wonwoo's room. mingyu knocks on the door, met with a much fresher wonwoo. "oh, good choice of clothing!"

wonwoo's hair was swept back, still wet from the shower. he wore a black dress shirt underneath a beige coat, matching with his beige slacks. a red string tied up into a ribbon acted as his necktie. topping it all off, he wears an elevated black dress shoes. this outfit is so formal!

oh, right. that dresser only had formal clothes and pajamas. mingyu reminded himself to give wonwoo some clothes when they're done with their mission.

"thanks, you too." wonwoo eyed mingyu's outfit; white polo, checkered black and white slacks with dress shoes on. "but we have no time. we have to locate a bomb and diffuse it, catch moon jinsae's vehicle and stop his butler from killing him."

at 10:50, mingyu and wonwoo were cluelessly walking around the area of the bombing site. though it states that it would be two streets away from heosan crossing, the exact location of the bomb was not disclosed.