e l e v e n

i wrapped myself around him in the guest bed as he pulled the thick duvet over the both of us.

i immersed myself in the warmth, feeling separated from the rest of the world, in a bubble with him.

one of mattia's arms snaked around my waist and pulled me closer, the other supported my head as he planted a few kisses on my forehead.

i buried my face into his chest and breathed him in.

he smelled fucking amazing.

after a few minutes of him smoothing my hair down passed by, i looked up at him.

'what made you realize that everyone was lying?' i mumbled.

'lying about what?' his attempts to keep his volume low resulted in his deep voice creating small vibrations.

'about love being bad.' i whispered, tracing my fingertips down his shirtless back.

'you.' he said.

i paused, raising my eyebrow at him in confusion.

'but you were at a riot, before we met.' i said.

'i was protesting on behalf of the people whose emotions were being oppressed, you don't have to be a victim to support a cause, right?' he explained.

i nodded slightly, seeds of understanding began to flower and bloom in my mind.

'see, before i met you, i didn't not believe that love was bad, but i thought people should have the right to decide for themselves, which is why i was at the riot.' he said.

i nodded with more certainty this time, encouraging him to go on.

'but then i met you, and you made me feel a way that nobody else ever had, well, you still do. after realizing that i was falling in love with you, i decided that the government are definitely wrong and that love should be celebrated.' he concluded.

i beamed subtly, my cheeks turning hot at the thought that i may have the same effect on him that he has on me.

a moment or two later, i found that our lips were connected again.

i closed my eyes and embraced him, the moisture on my lips from my cherry chapstick being shared between us.

suddenly, i felt the urge to peel my shirt off, and so i did, keeping my lips connected to his for as much of the process as possible.

then, i remembered that i was insecure, but somehow mattia made that feeling melt away.

we kept kissing, moving together as one, my fingers buried deep into his silky hair and grasping on to him.

i watched him pull his sweats off and get on top of me, and i admired his godly appearance from below in awe.

he began guiding his way down my neck using his mouth, leaving small pecks until he reached my chest, when he started sucking, leaving behind love bites.

my head fell back in pleasure, i had never felt anything like this.

however, i felt everything come to an abrupt stop.

when i glanced up at mattia, i realized what he was looking at.

his eyes darted from bruise to bruise on my torso, my insecurities flooding back.

'is this from-'

'mhm.' i cut him off, trying to cover myself with my hands in embarrassment.

he got off of me and put my hands in his gently.

he looked into my eyes.

'you're beautiful, y/n.' he said.

'well clearly not.' my voice strained, my eyes becoming bleary.

'y/n, i would never lie to you.'

i sighed, rolling over and staring at the wall.

he cupped my face and turned it back in his direction, leaving me no option but to make eye contact.

'you're beautiful, y/n, and i love you no matter what.' he whispered.

i believed him.

he pulled me into his chest and cradled me.

i couldn't have been more comfortable than i was in that moment.

but then, the sound of natalia stepping out of her bed and onto the creaky floorboards echoed into the room.

my heart almost sprung out of my chest.

i snatched my shirt from beside mattia and jumped out of the sheets, rushing into the bathroom as fast as i could, just before natalia had managed to leave her room.

or at least i'd hoped so.