Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The day at the hospital was shared between entertaining Eric (which entailed some kissing, story telling and basically catching up with all the stories from the prom retrieved via Facebook) and Becky watching Eric sleep, while she held his hand.

Eric hadn't eaten all day, because this evening he had an operation scheduled to plate the bone in his leg. This meant one very hungry, moaning teenage boy.

"Why can't I eat? I'm getting so hungry, my stomach is eating itself" Eric whined at three in the afternoon.

Becky sighed. "You can't eat, because you'll be under aesthetics. If you have a full stomach, it can affect your body when you're under. Didn't you listen to the nurse?" Becky lifted an eyebrow.

"Well..." Eric dragged the word out.

"Well?" Becky repeated.

"The nurse keeps flirting when you're not in here!" Eric blurted out. Becky burst out laughing, holding her stomach.

"So you were too busy being flattered to listen?" Becky asked, once she stopped laughing as much. But she thought of something that got her laughing even harder. "Typical.... teenage.... boy!" She managed to squeeze out between guffaws of laughter.

Eric's smile dropped. "I try to be honest, and this is the thanks I get!" he whined. "I know to keep secrets now." His lips formed a pout, and Becky found it impossible not to laugh even harder. "What now?"

Becky fanned her face with her hand, and tried to calm down. She looked at Eric's still pouting face and burst out laughing again. Between gasping for air and laughing Becky tried to tell him, "It's....just.... your.... FACE!" She pointed at his face, but her hand wasn't still, as her body shook with laughter.

"Calm yourself and then tell me what the hell you're going on about." Eric said, sourly.

"Aww, babe. You know I love you. It was just the way you looked." Becky explained, getting up and sitting on the bed. She tugged at Eric's hand, trying to unravel it from his firmly folded arms. Once she recognized she was fighting a loosing battle, Becky tried a different tactic. She leaned forward and touched her lips to Eric's. When he didn't move, or soften at all, Becky moved, and began to kiss all over his face, but never touching his lips, only the corners, teasing him. She moved her face, and began to kiss along his jaw, and started to nibble on his earlobe. He let out a deep breath, and his arms began to loosen. He snaked both his arms around her, and pulled her away from his ear, and tried to pull her to his lips. She resisted, and rested her nose against his, her lips centimeters from his.

"I take, I'm forgiven?" Becky breathed, changing what side her nose was on. Eric nodded. Becky quickly touched her lips to Eric's harder ones, just for a second, before getting off the bed. Eric pouted again. "And that's the face again! Stop pouting! " Becky was trying not to laugh, but her stomach was beginning to hurt from laughing and attempting not to.

"What face am I pulling that's so funny?" Eric asked. Becky mirrored Eric's face, exaggerating the pouty lip, and the wobbly chin. "Surely I'm not that bad!"

"Yes. You are."

"No. I'm not"

Becky grabbed her phone from the weird wheely table thing which branches over the bed, making it impossible to get out, and quickly took a picture of Eric's face. "See. You're pouting, and it's really funny" Becky showed Eric the photo on the screen.

He grabbed the phone and looked, and his eyebrows furrowed. "O.K. I look like a pouty kid. I see what you mean. Every time I do that, hit me or something! 'Cause that face is just plain stupid."