Chapter 12

(Sonic's PoV)

I woke up a coughing mess. Shadow woke up when he heard me and rubbed my back. "Calm down and breathe." He said. I started to calm down felt myself stop wheezing.

"Will I ever get better Shadow?" I asked him a little scared.

"Of course you will, and I will make sure of it." He said embracing me in a hug.

"Thanks Shadow." I said hugging him back. That's when I felt a small painful sting on my arm. I looked at Shadow's hand to see him sticking a needle in my arm. I  screeched when he took the needle out my arm. I started to feel my body feel weak.

"W-What are you d-doing?!" I asked. "It's for the best Sonic, I'm sorry. Come get him doctors!" That's when a crew of doctors took me by my arms and legs and rushed me down a hallway, away from the bed, away from the room, away from Shadow.

"STOP! LET ME GO!" I yelled, but the doctors seemed to ignore me and keep going. I tried squirming, but my body was frozen.

"NOOO!"

(Shadow's PoV)

My shot open when I felt Sonic squirming in my arms. I squinted my eyes from the morning sun coming through the window. Sonic was moving a lot and sweating like crazy. 'Hes having a nightmare,' I thought. 'I need to wake him up before it gets any worse'

I lightly shook his shoulder when his eyes immediately shot open and he sat up as quick as he runs. "Hey are you OK? You were having a nightmare." I asked him. He looked at me, terrified.

"I-Is this a-another d-dream?" He asked shaking harshly. I shook my head, wondering how bad his nightmare was. That's when he wrapped his arms around me and placed his face in my chest fur. Tears were streaming down his cheeks be I could hear him quietly whine.

"Shhhh, it's Ok. You'll alright." I said petting his quills. I was trying my best to comfort him by saying sweet things. Some things I was saying didn't make sense. Some made him calm down.

"So, so you mind telling me about that nightmare?" He told me everything. He cries harder when he told me the part when I put the needle in his arm.

"You know I would never do that to you right? Even if it was life or death, I would never inject a needle into you like that." I said. He looked up at me with hopeful eyes.

"Never?" He asked.

"Never. I promise." I said. He hugged me tighter and rested his head back in my chest fur. We stayed like that until we were ready to get up.

We took turns wiping ourselves down with a towel in the bathroom because, strangely enough, this hospital doesn't have showers. Sonic put on that same soft purple sweater and went to brush his quills in a mirror. The brushing didn't really do anything because when he came back out, his quills were still a mess. And again, the only bright color he had on him was that sweater.

Then there was a knock at the door. Silver slowly opened the door and peeked inside. "Hey, good morning fellas. Sonic, the doctors are ready for you now." Sonic nodded and Silver and went to the door, but stopped halfway. Again, he looked back at me, waiting for me to nod for him to go, as if he was some type of dog. I nodded and he turned and walked out with Silver.

'Its going to be pretty boring without him' I thought.

I took a long walk around the hospital. In the middle of waking, I felt my stomach growl. Then I realized that Sonic and I haven't eaten in a few days. I went to the restaurant in the hospital and ordered a burger for me, and chicken noodle soup with green tea for Sonic. He probably won't like it, but it's good for his health.

After Sonic came back from his examination, he seemed sad, and scared. He kept his head down and walked up to me.

"Silver needs t-to have a c-chat with you." He said in a shaky voice.

(Silvers PoV)

I had to break the news to him. I already told Sonic, and he didn't seem happy at all. No one would be happy hearing this type of news. It's absolutely heart breaking to hear.

Shadow entered the room I was in. "Take a seat." I said. "Now I have some good news, and some bad news. Now usually, the good news would go first, but in this case, the bad news has to come first for you to understand."

He nodded slowly. He will probably take this better than Sonic did, hopefully. "So.." I sighed. "The bad news is..we found out what sickness he has, and it's the new unknown disease." I said calmly. I saw the color drain from Shadow's face when he heard that, and then slowly come back. I feel so terrible.

"But, the good news is that there may be a cure the doctors are working on. Say, didn't you have a mission to protect it from Eggman?" I said. He sat up straight. What I said must have made him prouder of himself.

"Yes I do." He said "But I also have another mission to make sure Sonic doesn't die."I nodded in response.

"It doesn't seem like Eggman is coming anytime soo-" That's when we heard a loud thud and someone coughing harshly outside the door.

We rushed out the door only to find Sonic on the floor, holding his chest, coughing so hard I thought he was going to cough a lung up.

Shadow rushed by his side, sitting him up next to him on the ground, holding him with Sonic leaning in his chest fur. Sonic stopped coughing, but he still was wheezing harshly. I just stood there, frozen.

"How did you do that?" I asked in awe.

(Shadow's PoV)

I explained everything to him, about me back in the ark, everything. I was getting irritated by the constant "Wow"s I was getting from him.

"It seems you two have a connection." Silver said with a wink. That made Sonic blush lightly.

"Yeah, I guess we do." I said booping Sonic's nose, which only made his blush deeper. He started sinking his face into his sweater again.

"Anyway, are you guys going to eat? I see your food is getting cold over there." Silver stated getting up and leaving the room.

"Oh shoot!" I said grabbing the bag and taking out the food. "Here's some soup Sonic." I said pouring the somehow still hot soup in a bowl that came in the bag. He looked at the soup and pouted.

"But how come you get a burger?" He said in a whiney voice. I only petted his quills and booped his nose again. "Eat up." I said.

-----------------------------------------------

Once we were done eating, it was time for bed. Time really flies quick here. Before we left, Silver informed us that the cure may have been a success. Sonic did a quiet cheer, trying not to cough from cheering too harsh.

(Third Person PoV)

The two hedgehogs took turns cleaning themselves and lay into their bed. They said goodnight to each other and went peacefully to sleep, with Sonic in Shadow's arms.

Both were so peacefully asleep that they didn't notice the large robot coming to the hospital.

I made the chapter longer! I'm typing this on my phone and right now my phone is on 35 percent. I hope you guys enjoyed this long ass chapter.

Bye~Bye