Chapter 3

Previously-

Suddenly, my phone begun to buzz I got a text message and it was from Tails.

Tails 2:45
School is closed today because Sonic collapsed after you left. I am trying my best to figure out what could have caused this.

"What's that Shadow?" Rouge asked curious.

"The worst news I will get all day I said.

-------------------------------------

(Tails PoV)

By the time we got to my house, Sonic was already sleeping, but the way he was sleeping didn't look good.

He kept wheezing and kicking around in his sleep. Knuckles had put him down in his bed already and he had a few bruises from being kicked.

"Knuckles, I need to run some tests on Sonic, which means I need to take some blood from him." I said. I went out of the room to go fetch my needle.

"What does that have to do with me?" He asked.

"I need you to hold his arm down" I said walking back in with the needle.

"And what if I don't?" he said crossing his arms.

"The you will get kicked when I get the blood sample from him" I said taking the cover off the needle.

"Fine." He held up one of Sonic's arms and pinned the other arm to his bed. Sonic flinched at the movement.

"3..2..1"

Once it was over, I could tell Sonic had felt the needle because he was breathing heavily in between wheezes.

I had put a bandage on his arm and he started to calm down.

Then we heard a knock at the door.

"Knuckles can you go see who that is?"

"Ok" he said letting go of Sonic's arms.

Sonic was slowly waking up because his arm was still stinging from the needle.

(Sonic's PoV)

I woke up feeling the same way I felt at the nurse's office, but I was slowly getting better.

I was wheezing really bad so I assumed that coughing would help the wheezing go away.

I was wrong.

I went into a coughing fit taking short breaths between coughs. Those short breaths turned into breathing in nothing.

I couldn't breathe.

I grabbed Tails shoulder and pointed to my throat, trying to tell him I couldn't breathe.

Thank goodness he got the message.

He gave me some type of minty medicine and as soon as I swallowed, I was breathing almost clearly. I was still wheezing and coughing a few times but it wasn't bad.

"Well, now I know to keep this medicine nearby." He said smiling a little. I wanted to say thank you, but when I opened my mouth to speak, the door opened.

Knuckles walked in and behind him was Shadow.

(Shadow's PoV)

I walked in and saw Sonic laying in his bed and Tails sitting on the end of it.

"You alright Sonic?" I asked.

Sonic opened his mouth to speak, but only came out with a small squeak.

His ears went down when that happened. I went and sat down in the chair next to his bed.

"Hey Shadow maybe your healing powers can help." Knuckles said.

'Not a bad idea' I thought. 'But I need to hug him for it to work.'

(Sonic's PoV)

Shadow slowly got up and sat in the edge on my bed next to me. He slowly put his arms out and wrapped them around me.

It surprised me at first, but I eventually hugged back. I didn't see the healing aura around him, but I didn't know if he was using it or not. I assumed he was because I stared to breathe without wheezing, my chest was starting to stop burning, and my head stopped throbbing.

"S-s..ha.." I tried to say his name but I still couldn't talk just yet. At least it was a start.

(Tails PoV)

I was watching Sonic and Shadow hug. Shadow wasn't using his healing aura around Sonic, but Sonic was getting better. 'How is that possible?' I thought to myself. 'Maybe examining his blood will be a start.'

I got up and left the room going into my lab. I got the needle and put it under a microscope. I looked into the microscope and examined his blood cells.

Everything seemed normal. I didn't see any problems with his blood, untill I  moved my eye to the right a little.

'That doesn't look right' I thought. The cell didn't look like the others. It didn't look normal like the other cells. It just looked out of place. I didn't know what cell it was but I felt like it didn't belong. I didn't know if I should remove it or not because I don't want to mess up Sonic's system. I went back into Sonic's room, only to see him standing and smiling at me.

"Hi Tails." he said as if nothing went wrong.

I am starting to get writer's block so the next chapter might take longer to update, maybe, maybe not. For now-

STAY TUNNED (~‾▿‾)~