. . . . . .

When Wang Li woke up he was in a single bed and Xu Chen was in a bed beside him. Outside, he could see the sun had set and the city lights were shining brightly. Xu Chen was already awake on his phone and he greeted Wang Li quietly as he turned his phone off. Wang Li quickly got out of bed and kneeled beside Xu Chen.

"ChenChen are you okay? Your injuries are so bad even though you weren't involved in any of this."

"I'm fine, my ribs only hurt a little bit thanks to the medicine. I should be fine in a few weeks."

Ma Tian and Kong Da entered the room while Wang Li lightly sat next to Xu Chen, the other two men sat on the opposite bed. Ma Tian speaking first.

"Chen Bo has been handed over to the authorities and he will be kept under supervision until his trial, I've sorted everything so the two of you won't be named in the report and the police won't come looking for the two of you for an interrogation."

Wang Li was understandibly confused.

"How can it be sorted so easily? Also how do you know he will be kept in police custody? Last time he was able to go free"

Kong Da answered simply.

"Money."

Ma Tian shrugged without denying and he left the room to order food for everyone. Kong Da looked over at Wang Li apologetically but he didn't say anything since Xu Chen was present. Wang Li tried to ignore his puppy looking boyfriend but couldn't and stood up to leave the room with Kong Da following behind, Wang Li told Xu Chen he wouldn't be long before closing the door softly. They returned to the sofa that Wang Li had fallen asleep on.

"Where's JieJie and Suo Su?"

"They went home since they weren't needed."

Wang Li suddenly thought about something and turned to Kong Da.

"How did you get here so quickly, did you already know Chen Bo was going to attack us today?"

Kong Da was surprised at Wang Li's assumption and quickly denied it.

"Of course not. Ma Tian had a worker follow you once we knew you were being stalked, when he saw the two of you running, he ran after you once he had sent a message to Ma Tian. I came with Suo Su and JieJie the moment Ma Tian called me."

"You drove?!"

Kong Da rubbed his head while he said it was more like he was slumped in the backseat while Suo Su sped through the city to get to Ma Tian's family company building. After hearing how Kong Da faced his fear for him, Wang Li felt a little better but he still scolded him for not telling him earlier.

"Thank you for doing that Ge, though I need you to be honest with me, especially if it involves me being in danger."

"I know. I'm sorry Xiao Li."

Kong Da held Wang Li's head in his large hands as his thumb rubbed over the bruised cheek tenderly. He placed a small kiss on Wang Li's forehead before apologizing again, his lips grazing across the soft skin while he mumbled out his deep apologies. Wang Li pulled Kong Da close to him and he snuggled into the broad chest. Ma Tian walked past them while he placed a bag down with their dinner before he walked into the room where Xu Chen was, closing the door behind him. Seeing this Wang Li tried to run in after him but Kong Da pulled him back to the sofa.

In the room, Xu Chen had sent a series of messages about his condition to Martian but hadn't received a reply yet. Ma Tian came in and saw Xu Chen's complicated face staring at the bright phone screen in the dark room.