𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━┓

La'kea fiddled with the water from her teacup as she watched Iroh best various crew members at pai sho. She was supposed to be watching the game to learn how to play it, but instead was focusing on weaving her beverage between her clumsy fingers. She had failed to regain any dexterity from the damaged inflicted on the nerves in her hands.

The storm incident wouldn't stop replaying in her mind, she had managed to keep the ship from capsizing, but hadn't been able to quell the storm entirely. What was wrong with her? Not matter what angle she looked at it, there was no obvious answer. Could it be that she was simply losing strength?

A few feet away, The prince and Lieutenant Jee inspected a map, "We haven't been able to pick up the Avatar's trail since the storm. But if we continue heading northeast-."

Everyone paused as a large shadow fell over the room, tension filled the air as a much larger Fire Navy vessel pulled next to their ship.

"What do they want," Zuko demanded angrily.

"Nothing good," La'kea hissed to herself, dropping her tea back in it's cup.

"Perhaps a sporting game of pai sho," Iroh suggested good naturedly with a rub of his hands.

A team of Fire Navy soldiers crowded their way into the command tower, and thrust a wanted poster of the Avatar in the air. The waterbender pressed herself as far away from the soldiers as she could have, which wasn't far enough.

"The hunt for the Avatar has been given prime importance," The lead of the soldiers announced, barreling through despite the irritated expression on the prince's face. "All information regarding the Avatar must be reported directly to Admiral Zhao."

"Zhao's been promoted," Iroh said it like it was a joke, "Well, good for him." La'kea sneered at one of the soldiers leering at her, debating the chances of her getting away with murder. He was too close.

The prince looked to the side, coldly stating, "I've got nothing to report to Zhao. Now get off my ship and let us pass."

"Admiral Zhao is not allowing ships in or out of this area," The captain relayed seriously. The soldier reached out, snagging one of the tight curls on her hair. She jerked back, pressing herself against the corner.

Zuko noticed, fire spitting from his lips. "Off my ship!" The prince roared, ready to throw them overboard himself. La'kea almost melted into a puddle out of relief once the soldiers departed. Outside of this ship, the Fire Nation had no respect for her personal space. She caught herself subconsciously scooting closer to the Prince.

"Excellent," Iroh cheered, sweeping his arm against the pai sho board, "I take the pot!" Reassuring the men that were steadily losing confidence in their skills, "But you're all improving! I'm certain you will win, if we play again."

┏━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━┓

La'kea ducked under a high kick Zuko swept over her head, fire fanning out from his foot. While his leg was still in the air she dropped to her hands, swinging her own foot around to try and knock him off his feet.

The prince was sporadic and harsh with his movements, not at thinking straight like he usually did in their sparring sessions. Obviously something was bothering him, but how was she supposed to approach it?

Iroh walked out onto the deck, "Is everything okay? It's been almost an hour and you haven't given the men an order."

The prince finally broke his fighting stance, and she followed suit, confused he hadn't called for a break. "I don't care what they do."