𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

┏━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━┓

Zuko paced back and forth in front of the prison- ah, slave girl's room. He had to accept the truth behind how she was here. She had expressed interest in going to the port when they docked, but it was nigh midday and she was still asleep. He had half a mind to go without her and admonish her for wasting the opportunity when she woke up. But then what would he do with the clothes he had procured, to replace the dingy prisoner uniform?

La'kea turned to whoever was knocking at her door at such an unholy hour. "Who is it," She snapped, "Someone better be dying or the ship must be sink-." She stopped when she flung open the door to see the prince standing there looking unamused.

"We're leaving for the port in thirty minutes," He thrust a pile of fabric into her arms, "Get changed, and be quick or we'll leave without you."

La'kea choked out of embarrassment, she forgot that the rest of the world operated during daytime. Of course they would be going during the day. "Right, give me a minute," She slammed the door on him before he could respond.

Zuko had to duck back quickly to avoid getting hit in the face by the door. Grumbling under his breath, he walked away soldiers parting for him as they looked between the prince and the door he was walking from.

La'kea laid out the clothes on her cot, "Fire nation clothes," She muttered, thinking of ways she could fashion it into something she would be more at home wearing, but decided against it.

Fumbling with the clothes, she cursed her numb fingers. Wrapping the tunic, she thought more about how she was going to blend in. They were in this so called Earth Kingdom, she didn't know how their people dressed or how different they were from the fire nation. Even on the ship she stuck out like a sore thumb.

If someone pieced together that she was a slave, they might throw her back in a mine, and she didn't trust the prince to stop them. She'd feel better if Iroh was going with them, but she had failed to confirm he was going before agreeing.

"Come sit down," Iroh coaxed his nephew in front of the pai sho table. "We still have to wait for Miss La'kea, might as well relax."

"I am not waiting!" Zuko snapped, becoming more and more impatient. "There is no time to relax, we have to restock and then continue the search for the Avatar!"

"Looks like you won't have to wait," His uncle mused, sipping slowly on his cup of tea. "Doesn't she look nice?"

Zuko whipped around to see the girl walking onto the deck, tugging at her new Fire Nation attire uncomfortably

"Come my dear," Iroh beckoned, pulling a teapot out of seemingly no where, "Join us for some tea."

"We don't have time for tea," Zuko groaned, wanting to scream his frustration to the sky.

"There is always time for tea, the port is not going anywhere." His uncle poured two cups as the girl sat down hesitantly, looking between him and his uncle. Zuko threw his arms in the air, turning away.