𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡

┏━━━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━━━┓

A week later, La'kea was leaning over the charts and map of the sea they were currently sailing. "You want me to do what?"

The helmsman and Lieutenant Jee were both standing across from the table, Jee cleared his throat, "Turn the ship east."

"I don't understand why you need me to do it," She frowned, running a finger from the figurine of their ship to the small Earth Kingdom town marked. On their way to the Water Tribe territory, they were doing standard combing through any towns along the coast. As a token of goodwill towards their truce, Zuko allowed her to accompany the searches, and in return, she helped pick apart the towns.

At first it had been unnerving, turning houses upside down, threatening the village people, seeing the fear in their eyes. But no harm was ever brought to them, as soon as Zuko grew impatient or was satisfied the Avatar was no where near, they left. So La'kea grew accustomed to it, and as she tore apart houses all she could think about was going home.

The more time passed, the more she imagined what it would be like. The Avatar might have had time to master the elements, but he was old and probably frail from living on the run. Together, they would be able to take him down, subdue him long enough to wrap him in chains. The prince would present him to his father, and be reinstated as the crown prince. As payment for his life debt, the prince would set her free, giving her a boat and supplies to reach her home.

"Well," The helmsman looked equal parts unnerved and frustrated, "The prince only gave us so much time to reach the shore. By the time we manage to reroute..."

"He would be angry," She finished for them, "And you figured I'd step in to save your skin."

"I told you it was a waste of time," The helmsman hissed to Jee.

Frowning, she crossed her arms, "I didn't say no."

Both men blinked in surprise, "So... You'll do it?"

"Whatever gets us on track the fastest," She tapped a finger against her arm, "The faster this ship moves the faster we capture this Avatar."

"Of course," The Lieutenant assured, stepping aside to gesture to the door, "We're ready when you are."

Zuko jumped back to avoid getting hit by the girl walking out of the control tower. "What're you doing?" He demanded.

She only rolled her eyes, like him inquiring about her intentions were bothersome, "I'm turning the ship."

"Turning the ship?" He looked between the girl and the control tower before following her down the hall. "What is the meaning of this?"

"It means exactly what I said," She waved a hand, "I'm turning the ship east, so we can reach that Earth Kingdom town faster."

The prince slowed slightly, taking in her words, "Oh, that's... Helpful of you."

Iroh blinked at La'kea walking up and down the side of the deck, Zuko standing by restlessly. "Now, what might you two be doing?"

"I'm turning the ship," She repeated flatly, marching towards the east side of the deck.

"That sounds very strenuous," The retired general observed, gesturing to his table, "Wouldn't you prefer gathering your strength with a calming cup of jasmine tea?"

La'kea did pause, glancing at the inviting brew, Fire Nation tea had become a comfort to her. "After," She promised, and placed herself in a center of the ship. The fastest course of action would be to push water at both the front and back in opposite directions.