Someone You Loved - Klaus (pt. 1)

(Listen to the song while reading - Spence xx)

Klaus layed, curled up in the bathroom corner. His faced was pressed against the cool, white tile, smudged with his eyeliner and tears.

I'm goin' under and this time I fear there's no one to save me

He tried. He had tried to save his Dave but the medic was too late. Every time he closed his eyes, he was back there. He heard the gunfire, and below that, ragged breathing. He felt the tears slip out from his eyes as he gripped onto his love's dying body. He felt the warmth and smelled the tang of the blood on his hands. Dave's blood.

Now the day bleeds, into nightfall

And you're not here to get me through it all

Dave was the one that never gave up on Klaus. He was always there, no matter what. Because of the the timeline, Ben hadn't technically died yet, so Klaus was all alone until he met Dave. Whenever Klaus had nightmares, Dave would be right there to hold him as he cried, right there to tell him everything was going to be okay... even though that was far from the truth.

Klaus had been trying so hard to get sober. Not because of the constant pleas of Allison, or the talks from Diego, or even for himself... He needed to be sober to see Dave.

It was war, and it was horrible. But being with Dave was the happiest Klaus had ever truly been. They say every one of us has our person, and for Klaus, that was Dave. That is Dave. He never stopped loving Dave; there was never a day that went by where he didn't cry and scream for Dave to come back. His arms were full of scratches from the times where pain was the only thing that kept him sane. He needed to be sober from drugs to see his Dave... so he turned to pain.

He realized over the past months that no matter what, our whole lives, we're just swapping one addiction for another. First drugs, then Dave. Now that Dave was gone, he turned to chaos; pain. They were as addicting as drugs. They were his drugs, now that Dave was gone.

So... gone.

I tend to close me eyes when it hurts sometimes...

Klaus grasped his hair and pulled and pulled, screaming into the floor. His face was red and wet from tears. He banged his fists on the floor.

I fall into your arms...

I'll be safe in your sound 'till I come back around 

"COME BACK!" He screamed into the cold night air, his back arching off the ground. He dug his nails into the soft skin of his arms, and dragged as hard as he could. "HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME! I NEEDED YOU! NOW I'M ALL FUCKING ALONE AND I CAN'T EVEN SEE YOU!" he kept on screaming and screaming until his lungs couldn't handle any more. His siblings most definitely heard him, but he didn't care at that point.

He needed his pills. As he lifted himself from the floor, his world started spinning. He tried to take a step, but as his foot went forward, he slipped. His head hit the floor,

and everything went black.