I.

Third person's POV
As he walked up the stone path smiling like a goon, he started checking himself, Was his shirt right? Are his jeans okay? Will she be happy to see him? Will she jump over to him? Maybe he should've called her from a payphone or something, she could be at work in her shop or in the market buying some groceries. Damn ,he didn't think this through at all. But it was too late now, he was already at the front door its too late to turn back. Since when was he a pussy anyway. Well, here goes nothing.

D. Hayes POV

I lift my hand to knock on the door, once , twice, no one's answering. "You see you dimwit, you should've called , like normal people d-....who am i kidding you're anything but normal" my subconcious sneered.
To hell with this, I opened the door and the appearance of my simple cottage which i used to call home hit me like a freight train. Everything was the same, the furniture, the couches, the arrangements everything. But it wasn't homey as it was before, the sweet scent of freshly baked bread was now replaced by bleach. There was an unearthly coldness that made me feel unsettled.

I stood there at the doorway taking in the appearance of my home, the memories. I walked through the living room to the kitchen touching the sink, the cabinets. As i made my way to the staircase eyeing every single thing to memorize them in my head. Home.

As i climbed the stairs, going to what used to be my old room i hear muffled sounds, immediately I stand to attention as I continued to follow the origin of the sounds. As i came closer i heard it more clearly. Moans and grunts. Her voice. Shit. Opening the damn door with all the force in my body almost breaking it, I see her , the love of my fucking life , her petite body on all fours like a damn cat, and an average height guy taking her from the back. Fucking the living daylights out of her. Then she turns slowly to look at me, standing on the doorway , like a dumbfuck watching another man claiming what's mine.

She almost jumped, fear so evident in her eyes while the man she was with hurried to cover himself looking as pale as a white sheet. They both looked so scared. They should be. My face held no emotions and she knows the limit of my anger. I wanted to pummel that pricks fucking head and kill him on spot. "Get your shit together dude. We just got out. We aren't going back" my subconscious warned. And all i did was ball my hands into fists, turned and walked back to where i came from.

"D, wait... I can explain I- D please I wasn't expecting you baby please .... " she ran after me " My lov-.." I turned and glared at her with all the resentment and anger I had in me. How could she? How could she call me that. "Don't you fucking dare Lilah. " Then I left. Not knowing where to go but to be anywhere far, far from here. Away from her. I thought she loved me. Yet she was fucking around while i was serving time.

I walked aimlessly for hours. I need a place to fucking sleep. But i had no money on me nothing. Fuck. Fuck her. Fuck everything is god-forsaken world. Im so fucking exhausted. I walk to the park and sit on the bench head in my arms. What do i do now? I have no fucking clue.

Lilah's POV
"I thought you said he was given five years of jail time. What was that? A damn ghost or what?" Harry shouted at me. Honestly I had no clue, D was given five years i heard it loud and clear in court, I could never forget that day.

Then why was he out? He must've been released early because of good behavior. Of course he would, he's fucking perfect. "Well... aren't you gonna say anything?" Harry asked me, I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't even hear him talk "I wasn't expecting him too okay?" I spit back " he's not supposed to be out, he has two more years but I guess he was released early for some reason" I told him while standing up to put my clothes on and heading downstairs. "Where are you going Delilah, come back here we aren't done talking " Harry shouted in the bedroom.

Fuck, what was i thinking getting involved with that son of a douche, yeah he has a good dick but seriously he can be so annoying sometimes. "You need to go Harry, get dressed and go" I shouted back at him. I screwed up and I screwed up big time. What do i do now? Will he forgive me? Its his fault anyways he didn't even call me to tell me he was coming back. What was i supposed to do, wait? I have needs too. Ughh i pushed my hair out of my face and blew a breath. You know what? Fuck this. Whatever happens, happens.

"So what happens hunh?  I don't wanna end up half dead like that guy he beat up 3 years ago. Del? Answer me I'm not talking to myself " Harry continued, he was now standing before me in the kitchen, he was scared. As he should be. Anybody in there right mind would be, D wasn't your average guy. At six feet two he towered over almost everybody in the town , and his build made him even more intimidating. In appearance, he was one handsome man and maybe even that is an understatement. He's absolutely and utterly delicious.

"Just leave me alone Harry, I need to think and you're disturbing my piece of mind right now." I said to him. "You didn't seem to mind me when i was balls deep in you a few moments ago." He was really starting to piss me off now. "Just go Harry. Go. " he left and slammed the front door. I fell on the couch. Shit what's next.

D. Hayes POV
It's getting late i better look for an inn or something. This wasn't what I really expected when I was getting my freedom back today. I got out just to be homeless. I would've been at home right now with Lilah. Enjoying a warm homemade meal with my girl, while catching up on what has been happening while I was away.  But no, that damn woman had to go cheat on me.  Well there's no use sulking about it now. The sooner I find a place to stay and a job, the better.

I stood up going to the direction of a small inn that used to be there. I hope it still is , I could ask the middle-aged woman to sleep for a night and work the bill in the morning. Yeah that's what I'll do. With a plan in my head I walk towards the inn slowly, taking in my surroundings.

When I reached the inn, I found Maria the inn keeper behind the huge counter writing something. She immediately looked up and smiled at me warmly. " Wow. You're out early, congratulations. I take it you know what's going on with Delilah that's why you're here. " she chirped, I almost forgot how nosy everybody in this town was. It was a small town where people made other people's business theirs. "Yes ma'am. Can I get a room? I don't have any money on me but I could work the wages in the morning. " I said to her. "Oh ,doncha even worry your fine ass is welcome here anytime. Always glad to help we're all family right? Besides business is not exactly booming im sure giving you a room for a night won't hurt my pockets at all." She blurted. Once this woman starts talking, there's no stopping her. I'll just have to endure because its not like I really had a choice. "Here ya go " she handed me the keys, "i think you can find your way big man, cantcha" I nodded and mumbled a thank you and went to my room.

First things first, a long warm shower will be great. After that i put on my drawers and fold my clothes putting them on the nightstand, getting in the covers while reminiscing about everything that's happened today. Thinking about getting a job as soon as i could tomorrow. Going to sleep exhausted, hungry and penniless, I think to myself when did my life take such a turn. And darkness engulfs me as i fall into the deepest sleep after 3 years on prison beds.

A/N

Hello there, hope you're enjoying the story so far. About the updating schedule, I really don't have a regular one. I could post an update or 2 every day it really just depends on how the wind takes me. Just reminding y'all whoever is interested in making a cover for me. I'll highly appreciate it. And the title too. I think that's all for today. Don't forget to vote and comment. XX 💋