Intro

"Okay. Here's the last of it. " the prison guard said as he gave me my wallet. I put it in the back-pocket of my washed out jeans. "Make sure you don't come back in here. Careful son, it's a whole damn zoo out there" he chuckled I just gave him a nod of appreciation and went out the gates.
As soon as i was outside i took a deep breath of fresh air and exhaled loudly. This feels so good after being caged for two years like im some sort of animal. "Well, maybe you are asshole,what kind of a normal human being  beats a person to a damn coma with their own two hands" my subconscious spoke to me . Okay now im talking to myself like some sort of loony.
Now where to, "ah home to my girl at last. A good shower and a woman's warmth after years would do wonders to my body". I thought to my self as I rounded the corner to find a bus stop or whatever form of transport I could find.

After a few minutes, or so he thought, he managed to find a bus at the station and he ran after it as it was just starting to leave. He boarded the bus and immediately all eyes were on him. Well ,there's no surprise there as his hair was unkempt and was almost shoulder length and his beard was a little gruff, depending on your definition of little. And he found a seat in which he plopped all his six feet two inches of him on to the seat and sighed as the bus drove him to the town. His town.

•Third person's POV
He was so happy to be free finally so he could see his girlfriend and surprise her since his sentence was cut short and instead of five years he served three out of good behavior. Maybe he should buy her some flowers but he had no money for that. Hell could pick a damn grass weed and she'd love it with all her heart, that's how much she loved him. He got off the bus when he saw the familiar street, everything looked so different bit quite the same. The shops were a bit more modern and the streets were a busier, but the air was the same, joyous and vibrant and yet calm. He missed home thats for sure. He continued walking down the streets until he found a cobblestone path. He picked out some wild flowers for his little laugh and walked with a smile on his face. Soon he'd be seeing her and all those years will not matter, her smile will erase all the pent up frustration from being caged in. He's free now and soon he'd be happy.

Or so he thought.

Important note:
Hi everyone😀. As most of you can guess I'm not a very experienced writer but after years of reading romance novels i have a pretty good idea of what i like and what I don't like. This is is simply just what i would picture as an ideal romantic novel with some reality in it. Again im not experienced and this maybe a one time thing or I may be inspired to write other books after it. So read at your own risk😁☺️. After saying that i welcome any kind of constructive criticism and while you're at it if anybody has cover ideas and title names too you're warmly welcomed into my inbox or DMs or private messages whatever its called. Love y'all XX 💋