Six

By the time we landed, we were all way too tired to do anything. For the first few days, we were allowed to do whatever we wanted. Day 4 to 6 would be our shooting days, and three days later, we were scheduled to go back home. It was only 4 o'clock in the afternoon when we arrived, but as soon as we got to our rooms, everyone found their beds and passed out.

I woke up 2 hours later to the sound of my phone vibrating from beside me. Halie stirred in the bed next to mine, but didn't wake up.

It was Brandon.

I answered with a groggy voice. "What's up?"

"Walk and get food with me?"

I agreed and told him to meet me by the elevator so that I could change before leaving. Pulling on some shorts and throwing on a hoodie, I rushed out down the hallway. Next to the elevator, there was a little balcony with a sliding glass door. Inside, Zion sat on the edge, looking out towards the beach, his phone against his ear. He played with the string on his hoodie while smiling and talking.

"You okay?" Brandon asked, looking at me.

I turned back towards him. "Yeah I'm good. It's just weird seeing him with someone else."

"He's not as happy with her as he was with you." Brandon shrugged. "If that makes you feel better."

I laughed. "I guess."

We walked to the other side of the hotel towards the store, wanting to buy snacks and drinks for when everyone woke up. I checked my phone to see a text from Zion: "can u buy me chips n a soda i'll pay u when u come back up".

I quickly typed an "ok" before helping Brandon carry everything else. Outside, the sun was slowly beginning to set and the winds grew a little stronger. We grabbed everything in the bags and made our way back up.

Zion was still in the little balcony when we arrived. I opened the door to give him his stuff quietly in case he was still on the phone, but he turned around and I could see that they'd hung up.

"Stay." Zion said softly.

I gave the bags to Brandon, taking out the thing I'd bought for myself and gave Zion his things before closing the glass door and sitting opposite Zion on the ledge, looking out at the sea.