C H A P T E R : F I V E

The blue and bronze table erupted into loud cheers except some people who were eyeing the girl with unmasked suspicion and one of them was Elizabeth Greengrass. All the while Arabelle sat numbed on the stool and could only see her brother's disappointment laced face from the Slytherin table.

When a hand was placed on her shoulder she broke out of her trance and walked up towards the Ravenclaw table and took a seat beside a pretty girl with shoulder length black hair and brown eyes.

"I'm Juliet Smith!" The girl introduced herself and smiled all the while. Juliet reminded Arabelle of her redhead friend Lily Evans but with a less fiery attitude. Arabelle felt quite comfortable around her.

"I am Arabelle Malfoy." she said returning Juliet's beaming smile with a her small one.

"Hello! My lovely ladies!" A boy with golden blonde hair with blue eyes said interrupting them. "This adorably charming boy," he pointed to himself and started talking again,"You guys are getting the pleasure to meet is Gilderoy Lockhart! And you guys are?"

"Arabelle Malfoy.." Arabelle said somewhat uncomfortably.

Gilderoy was going to say something more when a silvery ghost came towards them she had a long hair,was wearing a gown and introduced herself as the Grey Lady or Helena Ravenclaw she was the Ravenclaw house ghost and Gilderoy got distracted and started talking to the ghost who Arabelle noticed was more less talkative than other house ghost but that didn't discouraged Gilderoy to talk. He started talking about how he wanted to free the world from evil and start his own brand of hair potions and how much he adored the colour Lilac. Arabelle tried to listen to distract herself from her inner self-pity and shame.

She just couldn't remove her brother's disappointed stare no matter how much she tried and decided she will try to talk to her brother as early as possible.

"Welcome!" Headmaster Dumbledore's voice echoed through the hall."Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Let's begin the banquet! "

The food appeared from thin air and there was heard astonished gasps from the first years and now the empty plates are filled with delicious looking food roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason Arabelle couldn't depicter peppermint humbugs.

Juliet Smith let out a deep sigh at the sight of food and said, "This day can't get any better!" and took a mouthful of the pudding.

Sadly enough Arabelle didn't have the state of mind to share Juliet's appetite.

"Arabelle? Aren't you going to eat anything?" Juliet asked in a concerned voice.

"I-I-n-no-Yes." With a deep sigh Arabelle took a sausage and some pudding to satisfy Juliet's concerns.

When everyone had eaten as much as they could, the remains of the food faded from the plates, leaving them sparkling clean as before. A moment later the desserts appeared. Blocks of ice cream in every flavor you could think of, apple pies, treacle tarts, chocolate eclairs and jam doughnuts, trifle, strawberries, Jell-O, rice pudding. This time also Arabelle helped herself with two serving of chocolate ice-cream.

After everyone was finished similarly to the previous time also the plates disappeared into thin air. Headmaster Dumbledore rose from his seat to say something.

"Ahem—just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. 'First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And I would like if a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore twinkling eyes flashed towards Gryffindor table, Arabelle noticed it was directed towards to older looking two redhead identical twins. "And our caretaker Mr.Filch especially asked me to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch."