C H A P T E R : O N E

1'st September, 1971.

Platform 9 ¾, King Cross Station, England.

Dread.

Dread, was the feeling Arabelle Malfoy was continuously feeling after her eleventh birthday.

Stepping into King Cross Station , she became painfully aware of the situation she was currently in but pushing those thoughts of failing her father aside, inauspiciously from the mudblood as her father and brother told her, she ran into in the Platform 9¾ after her father who didn't even acknowledged her and her brother who gave her a encouraging smile before disappearing into the barrier.

The first thing she noticed after passing through the barrier was the white smoke that was coming above the large crowd , Arabelle couldn't help but ironically feel somehow she is in another world. Peeking at the Scarlett red train from behind her father the small eleven year old let out a giddy gasp. It was her first time seeing Hogwarts Express.

Abraxas Malfoy was a cold man, who never showed any type of affection towards anyone after his wife's death especially to Arabelle but that doesn't mean Arabelle ever failed to show her affection towards him. Arabelle loved her father to bits and she was determined to prove herself to her father by being perfect in every way.

A sudden sound of clearing throat made her realise she was behaving improperly and then she stood with her back straight , emotionless face as a perfect pureblood should but nothing can extinguish the excitement in her eyes as she felt after getting a peek at the Hogwarts Express. Looking up at her father who was looking at her with unmasked disdain and her brother was watching with an amused smirk that was gone by the second her father turned his attention towards Lucious who was starting his seventh year as a head boy.

"You are starting your final year son, I expect nothing but the best from you." said with a small smile and Arabelle thought how much she longed to see her father talking to her like this. "Keep an eye on your sister, and don't let her associate with those filthy mudbloods will you? I don't want her tarnishing our family name." Abraxas Malfoy said with a heated glare directed towards his daughter.

"And you girl, you know what is expected from you?" challenging her to say otherwise. With a hard swallow and a nervous nod she stuttered out a quiet "Yes father."

"Now, both of you go to the train, it's going to depart any minute, I have some words to discuss with the Black's about your wedding Lucious." and with that he turned on his heels without a goodbye or simple good wishes. Arabelle knew she shouldn't expect much but she still stood watching her father figure grow small until she couldn't find him in the large crowd.

"Come on belle, we need to hurry and you have to find a compartment." Lucious's voice snapped out of her reverie.

With a confused expression Arabelle said "Why can't I sit with you?"

With a wave of Lucious's hand he dismissed her and said quickly "I just don't want my friends to make you uncomfortable and they can be real fools sometime." but Arabelle understood the meaning behind those words and he didn't want to be embarrassed by her.

"Don't worry I will find you later on the train, now I have to meet Narcissa." with that word Lucious ran toward the said girl who was beaming at the sight of her betrothed without noticing the fallen face of his little sister.

Then Arabelle saw a family of three people a boy with his parent's and how his parents were fussing about him and how the boy was getting embarrassed by his mother's constant kissing his face and taming his unruly hair and Arabelle couldn't help, feel jealous but pushing those thoughts aside Arabelle look up to the Scarlett train with a deep sigh and determined face and thought 'One day father will love me just like that and I will make sure of it.' and climbed up.

▪▪▪

A o u t h e r ' s N o t e

Short chapter I know but well.. I hope it was nice if you saw any grammatical errors feel free to tell me. I don't know but feel ending was not so good but please bear with me. Thank you!