C H A P T E R : T H I R T E E N

"Behave." Walburga Black hissed, her sharp nails digging sharply into Sirius's skin as she tightly clasped her hand around his arm into a silent warning. "You've put more than enough shame to the Nobel house of Black's by sorting into that god awful house."

She gave his arm one more squeeze before moving forward to greet Abaraxas Malfoy who was just finished talking about Merlin knows what but much to his horror his father cracked a smile, miniscule but smile nevertheless so Sirius guessed they were talking about world domination while they paint everything green and silver or equally something sinister-ily boring.

Sirius snorted.

This caused the three elders' attention to shift towards him and Sirius saw Abaraxas Malfoy looking at him with some unreadable expression and he fought the urge to hide from his calculated eyes.

"Abraxas, this is Sirius, my older son." Orion Black gestures to him to move closer and even though there was nothing Sirius wanted to do more than run as far as he can from the calculating blue eyes of Abraxas Malfoy, he moved closer against his instincts screaming at him to run run run.

"Hello Mr. Malfoy." Sirius choked out after a pregnant pause, not even daring to look at his mother's way, who's glare he could feel burning holes into his face.

Abraxas gave him a curt nod in return and then turned his attention towards Orion as he introduced Regulus who conventionally hid behind their mothers puffy gown meekly. The halls were decorated with Christmas decoration red, silver, gold garlands hung from the ceiling, spiralled around the pillars, mens hand wrapped around the small back of the females as they danced around with an air of elegance, mistletoe were hung on threshold, a huge christmas tree of placed exquisitely in center of the ballroom, smell of pine needles, cake, turkey, and something that includes cinnamon were gliding through air smoothly, Sirius felt lightheaded.

Shaking his head Sirius saw the his parents and Mr. Malfoy into a very deep conversation it might be something good he thought as he saw his mother smile in elation from time to time and sensing that this is his chance to escape Sirius quietly slinked away without getting noticed by his parents.

After moving a few away from sights of his mother's hawk like eyes, he stopped as another delicious smell tickled his nose, taking a deep breath he sighed and tried to spot the source of the aroma. Absorbed in his own thoughts Sirius yelped out loud startled as someone poked at his sides, a small giggly voice asked, "Are you okay Sirius?"

Whirling around Sirius came face to face with his younger brother's seemingly giggly face.

"Reg! Stop doing that!" He exclaimed and Regulus started giggling again.

"I didn't mean to! It's not my fault you're such a scaredy cat!"

Sirius' face scrunched up in distaste, "Don't compare me to those spawn's of Gilderwald."

Regulus made a noise of protest at the back of his throat, "But they are so fluffy and cute Sirius! How could you not like them!"

"Did you forget that time Maximus tried to kill me!" Sirius gasped theatrically with wide eyes, accusing. Scowling in the thin air as he reminisced how their mothers Persian cat nearly scratched out his eyes after pulling a chunk of curly locks out of Sirius head after his failed attempt to kick the cat out following a day of restless sneezing because of allergies.

Regulus winced as he remembered Sirius's ugly sobbing after he saw the bald patch on his head in the mirror. Let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight.

"Don't be petty Sirius, I'm sure he didn't mean it like that besides you're the one who tried to throw him out the manor first..." Regulus trailed off as he noticed the stink eye his brother was giving while he rubbed his head unconsciously.

"I swear to Salazar if you say one more thing on that spawns defence I'll burn the-"

"Oh! Look there is the dessert table!" Regulus hastily tried averted his brother's attention and let out a sigh of relief as he saw Sirius eyes light up at the sight of the sweets.

Munching down on the last cookie on his plate Sirius patted his now slightly pudgy stomach with a content sigh.

"These are so good!" Regulus said with a mouthful of some kind of pastries all the while and moving to grab some more just as he swallowed.

"Stop eating like a pig Reg," Sirius nudged his younger brother with a teasing smile playing on his eyes.

Regulus snorted, "Like you're any better?" As he was just about to shove another sweet into his mouth Walburga Black appeared, her face glowing with glee.

"Mother why are your face is looking funny?" Regulus asked with a worried frown marring his face and gasped. "Did you eat anything with peanuts?!"

"No Regulus I'm wonderful, absolutely wonderful." Walburga beamed at her younger son causing him to stumble back a little from the force of her beam.

"If..If you say so.." Regulus trailed off uncertainly.

Sirius looked at his mother suspiciously as his mother turned towards his with a beaming smile.

"Sirius my love, we want you to meet someone." Adding this to Sirius' growing suspicious, he took a cautious step back because he remembers one of the time his mother got this kind of glee on her face was the time when his mother and Aunt Druella successfully broke off Rudolph Lestrange's engagement with Corina Parkinson by showing everyone some proofs about how the Parkinson girl sympathies with the muggle-borns and the muggle world in general-But Sirius have his own doubts on the validity of the proofs-and later Sirius' cousin Bellatrix took Corina's place and got betrothed to Rudolph Lestrange.

"Come on." Walburga's smile turned a little sharp as Sirius made no attempt to follow his mother and he felt Regulus giving his dress robes sleeves a small tug, pleading him to follow.

With a resigned sigh he nodded and rolled his eyes when Regulus grinned at him in a silent thank you.

"What are we waiting for mother! We have places to be, house elfs to behead, and loads of other things!" Paying no head to her older son's snark, Walburga turned on her heel with both of her son's trotting behind.

After what felt like ages as they walked through the ballroom, Sirius noticed the chubby girl adorning a ridiculously pink coloured puffy gown-which in his opinion should have never seen the light of day-for the third time.

"Mother are you sure we aren't going to the North Pole? Because I have a feeling that silks aren't really appropriate for-" Sirius started but glare from his mother was enough to shut him for the time being as soon as their mother turned her back towards them he sharply elbowed his giggling brother.

"Ow!" Regulus whined he tried reciprocate the jab but Sirius dodged quickly causing the younger Black brother to trip on the air and fell on his buttocks with a quite oomph, Sirius stood there doing nothing but giggling at his pouting brother as he tried to get up from the floor all the while muttering something that suspiciously sounded like 'Stupid tosser'.

"Boys!" Their mothers shrill voice called out.

"Coming mother!" The Black brothers yelled out together and as soon as their eyes met, they dissolved into a fit of giggles.

▪▪▪

A u t h o r 's N o t e

Hello everyone, firstly thank you so much for views and the votes, adding my book to your reading list, I couldn't thank you personally cause there is something weird going on with my account I couldn't post anything on someone else's message board so thank you! it so cool and I can't thank you enough, I'm so excited my exams got postponed so I'll get more time to write in few days and yay. I have something exciting for the next chapter so hopefully you'll get to read it soon!
Till then!

This one is dedicated to tiyashidas123 she is awesome!