C H A P T E R : N I N E

When the food appeared everyone started to fill their plates with the food but suddenly a noise was heard and Arabelle saw people-Ravenclaw and Slytherin to be exact-were having difficulty to lift their utensils and goblets, the noise was caused by Severus Snape who nearly fell off of his seat while trying to tug his fork up from the table.

Frowning at the peculiar commotion Arabelle turned towards Juliet who mirrored her confusion and shrugged. They both turned towards their own table which looked nothing less than a chaos as people were standing on their seats to pry off the fork's, spoon's, goblet's from the table but what caught Arabelle's attention was a very much fuming face of Elizabeth Greengrass which was drenched with pumpkin juice and the goblet was still clutched into her hands.

Arabelle felt bad looking at her as people were laughing at Elizabeth, Juliet pointed at Elizabeth as if reading her mind "Belle look at Greengrass!" Then scoffingly added. "Served her right after laughing at you at the flying class and now look at her couldn't even lift her own goblet."

"But what if she thinks I did this to get revenge-" Arabelle wrung her hands nervously.

"Oh Belle, my sweet dear Belle! You can not dream about doing this kind of prank much less executing it. And believe me who did this prank is a bloody genius!" Juliet gushed dreamily.

A voice cut through the howling laughter of the students.

"Look! Snivellus can't even get up from the floor!" James Potter's boisterous laughter rang through and made everyone look at the ebony haired Slytherin boy who is still struggling to get up from the floor.

Arabelle's face scrunched up into a worried frown as everyone now started to laugh at now very red faced Severus.

"I must say Snivellus red is so not your colour." Sirius Black's cool remark caused a new round of table banging laughter.

"Silence!" A very stern faced McGonagall shouted and with flick of her wand the charm on the utensils seemed to get disappear but for extra caution She made every charmed utensils and goblets disappear into thin air and in their place appeared new utensils, goblets and jugs of pumpkin juice. And with a last swish of her wand every student who previously had their clothes drenched, now their clothes seemed to get dry and any trace of pumpkin juice or water seemed to disappear.

"Now that everything is under control-" McGonagall's words were cut short by the sound of loud crash of the doors in the now silent Great Hall and everyone's eyes zoomed towards the person-a short pudgy looking hurriedly scurried away towards the Gryffindor table when their House Head gave him one of her sharp glare and took a seat parallel to James Potter who he shared a quick fist bump and the boy who now Arabelle now recognized as Peter Pettigrew shot a thumbs up towards Sirius Black who's shit-eating grin was mirroring on his other three acquaintance's as well.

"Let's begin dinner."

Everyone cautiously picked their utensils and relaxed instantly when they were lifted easily and nothing happened, everyone started eating. Even though Professor McGonagall had lifted whatever charm was casted, Arabelle still felt cautious about using any utensils. Sudden Remus' warning popped into her head when Juliet asked her to pass the jug of pumpkin juice.

"No!" Arabelle blurted and she was gifted with a face of a confused Juliet.

"What do you mean by 'no'?"