Ch. 1 Happiness

I figured ya'll have waited long enough!

Everyone's comment on how intense and how much drama you all wanted really helped with how far I could push this story. I really hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it!

Enjoy!

Two years ago, I met this woman who completely changed my way of thinking. Not to sound cringey, but she made my life better and made me see the beauty in things.

Of course, she was my teacher at the time and the risks we took were worth it in the end. I wouldn't trade a single thing for what Tory and I have been through.

Two years later, we're living together and we're happy. We entertain each other every single day and we love each other deeply with no end. It's never a dull moment when we're together and we always keep each other happy.

But everyone has their moments where they don't get along and they fight.

Tory and I have many of those moments, but we never let that get the best of us. We always try to see the bright side of things no matter how dark it gets sometimes.

We both have emotions that we can't control. Sometimes those emotions get out and we don't know what to do, so we argue it out until we're both calm about the situation.

I'm still working at the Cafe and Tory is still working at the school. I have my part-time job at the donation center on the weekends and it's a blessing to get to help everyone in need.

Sometimes stress takes over Tory and she comes home in a bad mood. I try not getting in her way when she's like that, but I'm a caring person and I want to be able to help her when she's not feeling good.

The fights we get into aren't major. They're just anger conversations that really don't provoke any actions or words that we might not can take back.

But that's life.

At my time here at the Cafe, I've made some friends and it was great. A lot of the workers are kind and sweet, which makes this job a whole lot easier.

"Thank you," I smiled at the woman as I handed a coffee to her. "have a great day."

"Carter!" I look over to see my manager, Mitch, walking towards me and I smile at him. "I need to rowdy up the workers cause I have some news."

Nodding, I watch as he tells all the workers to come over. Some were cleaning up then others were in kitchen duty.

We had about fifteen workers, but only six were working today, including myself.

"I have some news to share and I will let the other workers know as well." He looks around at everyone. "We have a new worker coming in Monday morning. I want everyone to be on their best behavior and show some respect." He looks around before smiling. "Now, get back to work."

As everyone else left to go do whatever they were doing, I turned back to my cashier duties then heard the front door open and saw Maddie came walking in. I couldn't help but smile once she took off her shades and smiled over at me.

"Hey," She leans on the counter. "I just saw your girlfriend."

Raising an eyebrow, I look at her. "Where?"

She smiles as she grabs a straw from the container that was on the counter. "Work, duh. I brought her lunch."

Looking over at the time, I noticed that it was twelve ten. "Oh, yeah."