Chapter 51: A last minute twist!

Your POV

"Team Shoji and Hagakure have passed."

"Team Sero, Yaoyorozu, Mineta have passed."

"Team Midoriya and Bakugo have passed."

"All matches for Class 1-A's practical exams have been completed!"

~

Today has been a longer day...

I sat on a futon, silence enveloping me. Chai sat curled in my lap, fast asleep.

I held my phone in one hand, it's bright screen illuminating a small bubble of light around me.

A soft noise caught my attention, and I looked up into the darkness. My eyes adjusted to the dim moonlight that lit the hall, and a silhouette took up the now-open doorway of the room.

"Todoroki?" I asked cautiously.

They entered, closing the door behind them.

Approaching, he sat beside me.

"Yeah."

I turned off my phone, and placed it beside me.

The movement caused Chai to stir.

She yawned widely and stretched, her claws digging lightly into my skin through the fabric. Then she got up, and walked right onto Todoroki's lap, and sat herself down.

I see how it is.

"Why are you here?"

I couldn't quite make out the details of his face as he turned to face me.

"You were active."

Soft purrs filled the silence as Todoroki idly stroked Chai.

He didn't answer the question.

"Why are you awake?"

"I was hungry." That was only part of the reason, most likely.

He lifted a bowl of cold soba that I didn't realize he had. "Would you like some?"

"No... I'm good." He was already pushing it into my hands.

"Have some."

I took the chopsticks from the half-full bowl, and picked up some soba noodles.

He watched as I lifted the chopsticks to my lips, and ate the noodles.

I swallowed harder than necessary. "Todoroki?" His eyes flicked back up my face. "Are you... alright?"

"I'm fine."

I didn't know whether to believe that or not, with the way he was staring.

I tried to pass the bowl back to him, but he refused to take it. "It's your soba, Todoroki. Take it back."

He shook his head.

"You should at least eat some of it."

"I was planning to."

"Then, here." He waved off the bowl again.

I picked up some soba and shoved the chopsticks at his face. "Open your mouth."

His eyes were wide with a mix of surprise and something else.

I forced the soba into his mouth. "Eat."

He chewed slowly, watching as I ate another chopstickful of soba.

Then I realized why he was staring.