Chapter 52: We need to talk to you

"Well, in any case, I'm glad we can all go together."

"A week of training camp, huh?"

"We'll have to bring a lot with us." He was right... did I have enough stuff at Todoroki's house to take to camp?

I might have to drop by... my parents.

"I don't have a bathing suit or anything. I'll have to buy a bunch of stuff."

I flipped through the booklet they had given us as I listened.

""Night vision goggles!" Mineta exclaimed.

Creep.

"Oh, then since we're off tomorrow and we just finished our exams, why doesn't Class A all go shopping together?!"

I grinned, looking up.

The solution to my problems!

"That's perfect!" I cheered.

"Oh, good idea! Wouldn't that be the first time we all hung out together?"

"Hey, Bakugo, you're coming too!"

"Like I'd do something so irritating."

"It'll be fun!" I encouraged.

"Will you come too, Todoroki?" I turned as I heard the question, tilting my head inquisitively at him.

"I go visit my mom on days off."

As much as I would like it if he came... I wouldn't push about something like that.

"You guys are such party poopers! Get a clue, you clueless guys!"

I wonder what he means by that...

"Hey...?"

Todoroki turned to me. "What is it?"

"I'm going to go swing by my house to see if I can pick up anything so that I don't have to buy it..."

"I'll come with you."

I didn't even have to ask.

"Ooh, (L/N), what do you mean, 'swing by my house'? It makes it sound like that's not where you're going home to!"

"She's been staying at my house for a little over a week."

My eyes widened. He put it out there just like that?

"You've been what!" Ashido shrieked. She took me by the shoulders and punctuated each work with a forceful shake. "You didn't even tell me!"

I looked down.

"The circumstances were less than adequate."

Her eyes narrowed as she looked at Todoroki. "What do you mean by that?"

I squeezed my eyes shut.

"We were planning to study together, but my old man decided to meet her to decide if she was good enough for his 'masterpiece'." I could hear the eyeroll in his voice.

"She came with her parents to my place for dinner and..."

"And what? What happened?"

I opened my eyes, and glared at him.

That's enough.

"It's not my place to share."

She turned to me, but I simply smiled and said, "Looking forward to shopping with you tomorrow!"

We walked through the halls, about to leave the school, when a voice stopped me.

"(L/N)."

I turned. "Yes, Mr. Aizawa?"