(⚠️) Chapter 53: Or else... (⚠️)

Please don't skip this: This is a warning for the entire chapter. It contains possibly triggering, graphic scenes, with more intense imagery (described in more detail so it's easier imagine). It may not affect you at all, but if you have even the slightest doubt that it might, I would prefer that you just skip over onto the next chapter— I'll give an update on what you may have missed in this chapter. I would prefer not to take any chances.

If you're okay with what I've said above, then continue reading!

There was a heavy silence.

"That... is an incredibly powerful quirk. An incredibly dangerous one as well. Can you use it on things other than humans?"

"I don't know. But, I have to concentrate very hard to ensure I only take or give what I plan to. If I take too much strength, the other person can no longer stand, and their muscles become useless. That could... really backfire on things other than humans."

"What are its limits?"

"The only limit for me is that I need skin contact with my right arm to use the quirk."

"For you? What about for others?"

"I need their permission."

"Or else?"

"Or else..." My grip tightened even further. "They have to deal with an insurmountable amount of excruciating pain."

A scream filled my head, and I couldn't stop the image entering my head.

In the place where my most suppressed memories occurred.

Eyes rolled back into his head so that only the red-veined whites were visible, back arched at an angle dangerously close to breaking. His shoulders were pushed back, arms pushing off of the ground and ramrod straight, the heels of his hands on the concrete with his fingers in almost a claw-like position. His mouth open as wide as possible, strands of drool dripping down his face and teeth bared as the borderline inhuman sound tore from him. Wrists, ankles, neck, and hips straining against his constraints.

He went limp as the pain subsided for the moment.

Only a thin section of his eyes were visible as he found the strength to slide his eyes in my direction.

His lips mouthed a word, his voice so raspy and raw I could barely decipher what he said.

"Monster."

The words were spat from his mouth like it was acid, and the ferocious hatred that blazed in his eyes cut straight into me and shredded my insides.

Then a new wave of pain seemed to visibly ripple through him, and he struggled against his constraints again, a racking, coarse screaming ripping out of him, bringing with it a flood of blood.

The white gown I wore was splattered as he sprayed a mouthful in my direction.

The hot, sticky substance stuck thickly to my skin, oozing slowly down. The feeling of his blood on my skin made me want to scrub my skin raw, the disgusting feeling of the man's liquified pain on me overpowering.

But they had already locked my hands behind my back once more.

"(L/N)! (L/N). Shhh, don't worry, it's alright."

Midnight's voice.

She was crouched beside me, rubbing soft circles on the small of my back.

My eyes stung with tears and my face was hot.

Why do I always have to be such a crybaby? I wish my quirk didn't make me so emotional...

My breathing eventually slowed back to a normal pace, my tears not-quite drying up.

"I-I'm sorry. Are we d-done now?"

"Just one more question. We'll save the rest for another time. What is the name of this quirk?"

"They n-named it... 'Turning the Tables.'"

I'm sure some people who skipped this chapter could've read it, but I'd rather that happen than people who couldn't read it ending up reading it.

I'm just going to say this now: if you read it and are going to complain about the scene in the comments, I'll probably take it down. 

Why? 

Because there's a warning at the beginning of the book, along with the start of this chapter, about how some of this content may be triggering or sensitive topics for some readers.

You read it at your own discretion, and it's no fault of mine if you chose to ignore/not read my warnings.

Anyways, now that that's done: I've posted the next chapter as well, so that the people who skipped can read the recap as well as the next chapter.

Happy reading! The next chapter is a click away.