eighth

Draco placed a cup of warm tea in his mother's hand, sitting in the chair across from the sofa. His famous scowl had returned, and he sank back into his throne. "How have you been, Mother?" Draco attempted conversation. "What in Merlin is Hermione Granger's book doing here?" Narcissa asked calmly, all of the fire and attitude sat in her eyes. "You never answered my question." Draco fired back, resisting every urge to yell. "Fine. Living alone in such a large house is difficult, but I see you may understand part of my issue?" Narcissa answered, eyeing the house.

"She had to stay for a while, Mother." Draco answered her question, looking down in his own cup. "What for?" she asked her son, taking a sip of her drink. "That devilish storm. She was caught in it, and asked me if she could stay." Draco explained, shrugging. "And- and you said yes?" she asked her son, bewildered. Draco scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I don't leave people to die." he growled. "Unlike our family history, I don't ;like to see people suffer. I didn't want to watch her suffer again. Not again." Draco couldn't help it, he couldn't hide his thoughts anymore. All he thought about was her scar, how he watched the woman he had once loved scream in agony. Draco wanted every single person to feel her pain as he told her she would be okay. But he was frozen. He couldn't, or he would've been dead.

Narcissa scowled at her son, her hand tightening around her cup. "At the time, what happened to her was necessary." Narcissa said simply, shrugging it off. "At no point in time was it necessary." he said loudly, angrily. "At no bloody point." he growled. Narcissa ignored his outburst, humming softly. "Newt Scamander? Mental, that man was." Narcissa said, remembering the late Hufflepuff. "He was brilliant." Draco corrected, quick to defend him. "Anyways. I will not have this same discussion we had years ago. You cannot fall in love with her, again." she warned, looking across at her son. His eyes met hers, and he sat up quickly. "And you're going to stop me?" he pushed, his free hand was resting as a fist on his knee.

Narcissa's eyebrow raised and she sat up too, not leaving her son's eyes. "Yes. I can." she said through her teeth. "How?" Draco pushed more, a smirk that he hadn't bore in so long spread across his skin. Narcissa stood up quickly, shaking with fury. "I am you Mother-!" she began, stopping when her son raised too. "And I am a grown man!" he argued back. Narcissa's eye twitched, and she frowned. "You love her." she whispered. Draco took a deep breath in. "Yes. I do. I'm in love with Hermione Granger." he told her confidently. And by God. After years of never saying it aloud, it felt releasing.

"Well. I think I'll be going." Narcissa hissed, grabbing her sunglasses. Draco walked to the door and opened it, grinning eagerly. Narcissa walked to the door, looking at her son. "You will regret this." She tells him, to which he laughed. "Mother, I will be quite the contrary." he responded. "Goodbye." he said, gently pushing her out. He leaned his forehead against the door, but he was grinning like an idiot. "Quite the contrary." he whispered, pushing off the door.

__

"Women take forever to get ready." Ron said grumpily, laid back on Harry's couch. He wore simple black robes, required by the Ministry of Aurors. His undershirt was a white, matching his girlfriend's beautiful dress. He wore a white tie with a pearl on the very tip. "Women have a lot more to do then we do, Ron." Neville reminded him. Neville wore a rose gold tie, his undershirt black to match his robes. Harry sat in excitement to see Ginny. His love for Ginny hadn't faded in the slightest, if anything, he was more in love. Even as she got older at each ball, Harry told her everyday that she was beautiful. He loved seeing his wife dress up.

Ginny was trying to tame Hermione's wild curls as Lavender did her makeup. Ginny's hair was pinned into a complicated bun, strands of hair, that was curled, framed her face at multiple points. Her eye shadow was a simple silver, matching her necklace. Her lips were a shade of pink close to her dress. Lavender laughed at Ginny's frustration, placing the gold eye shadow on Hermione's eyes. Lavender had used pink eye shadow on her eyes, and the same lipstick as Ginny on her lips. Her hair was let down, her tight curls were beautiful. She had taken the strands in the front and twisted them back behind her head. Out of her way. Luna wore no makeup except for mascara, and her hair was tied up into a ponytail.

Once the women had finished, they stepped back, admiring their work. "A fairy princess." Luna concluded, smiling. Hermione's hair was done how it was at the Yule ball, and Hermione smiled wide at that. That's when her and Draco had an accidental dance, but she didn't regret it. It was a tearjerker for sure. Her makeup was beautiful. Her eye shadow was a sparkly gold to match her dress, and a darker nude color painted her lips. "You all are wonderful for this, thank you." she told her friends, her voice shaking. "Don't cry!" they all exclaimed, laughing when they did. "C'mon, let's go downstairs." Ginny told her friends.

Luna bounced down the steps, and Neville smiled wide. "Luna, you look great, darling." Luna smiled and danced over to Neville. "The Nargles told me your tie matched my dress. They're fascinating." Luna told him, pointing to his tie. "Amazing." he agreed, kissing her forehead. Lavender was next, and Ron rose to his feet slowly. "Wow." he whispered, taking her in. Lavender's smile was so wide, her face began to hurt. Ron pushed Neville out of his way and cleared his throat. "You just- wow." he chuckled, taking Lavender's hands in his.

Next was Ginny, and Harry almost died of shock factor. He stumbled backwards, leaning against the wall for support. He cleared his throat, feeling nervous. Like he had to win her over again. "Ginny- I- uh- you look amazing- that color on you- your eyes pop-" Harry stammered nervously, making Ginny laugh. She kissed him softly, and he relaxed, nodding. They all turned as Hermione came down the staircase. She played with the golden locket her mother gave her around her neck. She smiled at everyone, and Ron smiled back. "You look gorgeous, Hermione." he told her, finally happy for his best friend. Happy she was in love. Happy she was happy. "The gold suits you." Neville tells her, smiling respectively. "Thank you Neville." she said softly, kissing his cheek. "Ronald..." she breathed, and Ron pulled her into a hug. "I'll always love you, Hermione." he whispered. "And I to you." she whispered back, letting him go. Hermione and Harry looked at each other and laughed, meeting each other for a hug. "Everyone ready?" Ginny asked. Harry wiped Hermione's tears away and chuckled. "You ready?" he asked her. "No." she said honestly, laughing.