first

The rain hit aggressively against Draco Malfoy's windows. This was one of the worst storm's London had ever seen. The year was 2005, and Draco Malfoy had just turned 25. It was mid- June, and the summer had been abnormally hot. He had been to America one summer, and couldn't even imagine if the heat was like it was there in London. Draco was an author. HE wrote 'fictional' stories about dark things called Death Eaters, and about a group of teenagers to stop them. But of course, they were fictional. He sold these books to muggles, and they loved them.

Draco had moved out of the Malfoy manor and into another large house closer to the city. It was white, with large windows and green shutters. It had a porch, with two rockers outside. His door was green to match the shutters, and the inside was beautiful. It was open, and when you walk in, the first thing you see is a grand staircase. Behind that, is the large living room that flowed into the kitchen. There were 2 guest bedrooms on the first floor, and 3 on the second floor (including his own). Draco had a dog, a beautiful German Shepard that kept him company named Logan. In the backyard, he had a plain rectangular pool.

The blonde was alone, though. He claimed he didn't mind and he told himself he didn't mind, but after all, he really did. The only thing that echoed in his house was the television, and the patting on his dog. He sat on his white couch, watching the news, when Logan began to growl. Draco drew his wand quickly, standing up slowly. Logan ran to the front door, barking loudly. There was a desperate knock, and Draco sighed. "Quiet down, dog." he muttered, giving his pet a rub on the head. Draco slowly opened the doors and his eyes widened. "Granger?!"

The witch was drenched head to toe, and she shivered aggressively. "L-last person you w-w-were expecting, hm? Can I pl-please come ins-s-side?" she stuttered, the storm raging on behind her. Draco turned and pointed his wand towards the bathroom. "Accio towel." he muttered, wrapping her in one. He opened the door and sighed, closing it slowly. "Do y-you think I-I could just wait the st-storm out?" she asked moments later over a cup of warm tea. She was sitting at his island in the kitchen, and he was leaning against his marble counters. He looked at the witch, then outside, and back at her.

Hermione Granger had a rough life after the Battle of Hogwarts. Her and Ronald had broken up, but remained civil. She was left without a place to live, so she moved in with the Potter's until she could find a place of her own. She had gone to a muggle university, and graduated in Education. She was an elementary school teacher, which didn't pay much at all. She has lived alone in a small flat with her cat since Hogwarts, Crookshanks, for about a month.

"Granger, what were you doing out in this storm?" he asked slowly, putting his glass of water down. Hermione looked up, sighing softly. When her car broke down in front of the house, she was thanking the Lord. She wasn't expecting it to be someone she knew, let alone Malfoy. Her hair was in a tight bun, but now it was quite messy, and strands of her wavy hair fell into her face. "I was on my way to the Potter's for Ginny's baby shower." she tells him, shivering again. "Would you like a change of clothes?" Malfoy asked. "I only have t shirts of mine and sweatpants, if it's alright with you." he told her. "That would be lovely, thank you." she responded. "Follow me." he muttered, leaving the kitchen. Hermione walked after him and up the stairs. She walked down the hallway with him to his bedroom. It was massive, probably the size of her whole apartment. The walls were decorated with awards from the muggle world, as well as newspaper articles about himself or his family from the Daily Prophet.

On one of the other walls, a Slytherin banner hung proudly. It brought Hermione back to the wondrous days at Hogwarts, and how she will never forget the risks she made. Another wall had framed posters. These posters were the covers of Malfoy's book. His bed was a king size, with black and gray sheets. He slept alone, Hermione noticed. He had a large bookshelf behind his bed, built into that wall. His dresser was short and long, and sat under the window. Hermione looked at the man that was taking her in, and smiled softly.

He wore a black short sleeve, and blue jeans. The outfit complimented him, and was a nice change of scenery than the Slytherin robes. "Done staring, Granger?" Draco asked, smirking softly. He turned, holding the clothes in his hand. Hermione flushed, but rolled her eyes instead. "I was admiring your room." she says simply, walking over to him. "You could've been a Slytherin with that attitude." he told her, handing her the change of clothes. "I could also be Hufflepuff for my brains, but I'm not kind enough." she smiled with her warning. "Feisty." Draco chuckled, leaving the room.

Hermione shook her head and looked outside. She changed into the white t-shirt and the gray sweatpants, looking at herself in the mirror. She took her hair down and ran her fingers through it, trying to make it somewhat presentable. She walked out of his room and heard him talking on the phone. "Well, make it work! I'm not rewriting the whole bloody chapter!" Draco hollered. "The ending isn't supposed to give off that much information! That's what makes people want to buy the next one!" Draco continued, running his hand through his hair.

Hermione slowly walked into the room, not wanting to make him feel embarrassed. She noticed that a few things about her caretaker had changed. His hair was no longer bleach blonde, and yet a sandy blonde instead. His skin was a little darker, which made his blue- gray eyes shine. His arms were toned, as if he had been working out. She zoned back in when she heard silence. "Sorry. Publishers are being horrid." Draco smiled softly, taking a deep breath in. He looked up and took in the sight of her in his clothes. "They fit alright?" he asked her. The sweatpants were so large she had to tie them and roll them, and the shirt was definitely large. "Fine, thank you." she replied.

Draco nodded slowly, clearing his throat. What were they supposed to say? They had nothing in common. "An author, hm?" Hermione began, sitting back down at the island. Draco stood in his spot, 20 feet away from her. "Yes." he answered, putting his hands in his pockets. "For muggles? I would've never suspected." Hermione laughs softly, looking down at her hands. "What do you do?" Draco asked her, walking into the kitchen. "I'm an elementary teacher." she told him, brushing her hair out of her face. "Really? Like children that much?" Draco asked, smirking. "Oh, shove it." she groaned. "Are you hungry? " Malfoy chuckled. 

authors note:

hello lovelies! i hope you enjoy this story. i write for fun, so i already have a sequel if this one does fairly well. i am still fixing certain pieces of this book, so i apologize i things don't make sense!

also, not to be my own fan, but i have a draco malfoy book posted if you want to read that as well!

happy reading,

silver eyes :)