fourth

Much to Draco's surprise, the schedule was perfect for the two. They had breakfast together, and then she would shower. While she was showering, Draco would play with Logan, making sure he got attention. Then after she was done, they would do their own thing. Hermione would sit on her bed, the stack of books she began with would shrink 2 or 3 everyday. Draco would be writing at his desk until lunch. Hermione would tell him about what she was reading, and he would ask her opinion on ideas for his book.

After that, they would do whatever they pleased. Hermione usually would talk for hours on the phone with Ginny and Harry Potter, occasionally baby James. Draco would sit on the couch, just listening to her talk. Something about her voice brought peace to Draco's lonely soul. Draco and Hermione took turns making dinner and choosing their nightly games. There was a sense of peace between the Gryffindor and Slytherin. No one hated each other, and they hardly argued. Of course, Draco would give the occasional flirt, earning a smack in the arm from his companion.

Hermione sat the pasta down in front of Draco, and he looked at it curiously. Hermione sat down with her own, looking up at him. "What?" she asked softly. "The noodles are red." he said like she was stupid. She giggled and shrugged. "It's spaghetti." she told him, taking a bite. "It's what?!" he asked, watching in horror as she took a bite. "Just take a bite!" Hermione instructed, laughing at his complete lack of muggle meals. Draco trusted the woman he sat across from, and looked down. He took a bite, his eyes widening at the flavor. "Bloody-" he cut himself off by taking another bite. Hermione smiled and looked down.

"I'm glad you like it." Hermione says, eating her own meal. "You're brilliant, Hermione, really." he said, freezing immediately. Hermione's eyes widened, and she froze as well. Firstly, he had called her Hermione, not Granger. Second, he called her brilliant. He said she was brilliant. "Thank you." Hermione replied softly, drinking her wine slowly. "Y-You're welcome." he answered softly, getting up to clear his plate. "I thought we could continue with Mr. Scamanders work tonight, Draco." Hermione said from the living room as he did the dishes. "Sounds alright to me." he confirms, walking over to her. She opened the book to the last page they had been on, putting her hair up. He sat down next to her, both of their backs against the couch.

"Niffler. A Niffler is a peculiar animal, as it looks almost like a platypus that's fat." Hermione began, smiling at Draco's chuckle. "A Niffler is a smaller creature with a long snout, and black, fluffy fur. They are attracted to very shiny things, and old wizards used them to locate treasure. Famous wizards including Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor." Hermione continued. She pulled one of her knees to her chest, leaning her right arm against her right knee. "Ironic." Draco said, looking at Hermione. She smiled, nodding.

As she continued, Draco took in her features. Her left eyebrow constantly raised when she was reading, like she was always shocked. Her nose crinkled every time she said Niffler, and then she would smile as if she was amused with the word. Her eyes would widen, and almost sparkle every time she learned something new. "Isn't that strange, Draco?" she asked. "Hm?" he asked, brought out of his zone.

"Well, you think that with how much these things enjoy treasure, they'd be more hostile." She said in confusion, looking over at him. "Are they not?" Draco asked. "Were you even listening to me?" she asked. "Of course!" he placed his hand over his heart, like he'd been offended. Hermione let out a breathy laugh, shaking her head. "Wondrous creatures. Quite adorable." she continued, leaning closer to him so he could see. "Looks like a cute-" they had both looked up at each other at the same time. The tension was so thick, but it was a good tension. "Pets." he finished slowly, breaking the intense eye contact.

He cleared his throat, and Hermione looked down. She closed the book, smiling softly. "Lets play a game now." he suggested. But the plan was never answered. The winds picked up and lightning flashed brightly, causing Hermione to shriek. Everything went black. "The powers gone out." Hermione said. "Lumos." Draco whispered, looking at the witch in front of him. She caused a small glow with her wand too, looking at Draco. "Guess we should just turn in for the night, hm?" he asked. Hermione wanted to say no, for she had a fear of total darkness. She left her curtains open for a reason. "Sure."

They walked together up the staircase, helping each other not trip and fall. "Goodnight, Draco." she says softly, walking into her room. "Goodnight, Hermione." he responded, going into his own. Draco lit candles all around the room, taking off his shirt. He sat on his bed and sighed, rubbing his face. The way he felt around Granger wasn't right. It gave him false hopes when they spent this much time together. He had learned to push his feelings for the girl away for long, and now she was here.

Hermione closed her door, her back rested against the door. "Lumos candles." she whispered, all of the light restored to the room. The lightning flashed and the thunder growled over the house. Hermione shook slightly from the storm. She felt her heart, and it was going crazy. "Get a grip." she told herself, pushing off of the door. The wind suddenly blew her window opening, putting all of the candles out. In a panic, she closed the window and sat in the darkness. Out of everything Hermione had faced, she hated the dark. Absolutely terrified her. She heard a slight movement, and she ran out of her own door, pushing Draco's open. He turned and stood quickly, staring at her.

"Mind if I sleep with you tonight?" she asked slowly.