Kiki curls her lip, "Dude, don't make me hate you."

We all sit down at a table and eat in relative silence. This is the most awkward lunch I've ever had. I don't want to be here. What happened in the bathroom keeps running through my mind. And speak of the devil...I mean Satan.

"Nooo," I groan. "I'm being stalked. Eric you better go. I'm not sure I can handle this."

"Luna, I'm not going anywhere. I get that Shy is your ex, but he's going to have to get used to me. We're friends now, and I don't scare easily."

Kiki rolls her eyes biting into her slice of pizza. I can see Shy at the grill station. He bought a grilled chicken breast, and I think he also has steamed broccoli. No wonder he has abs. I shake my head. Why the hell do I care what he's eating? Why am I even paying attention to him? Before I can turn away, he locks eyes with me then moves on to Eric. I can see he's fuming mad.

Wait. Is he headed this way? Oh my God, he is. What the hell is going to happen now? Why doesn't this day end? What is it about me that these men find so great? I don't get it. No one ever approached me in high school. Now all of a sudden, I'm popular? I don't like this at all.

"Kiki. Mind if I sit with you?"

Shy doesn't wait for her to answer and sits down at our table not bothering to look at Eric. He looks at me and nods. I don't do anything.

"Sure," she responds in her no-care attitude voice.

"I'm looking to commission some work, if you're interested," he says stabbing a piece of broccoli.

"Ooo, yes I am. What is it you're wantin'?" she perks up.

"Something for over my fireplace in my living room. I want a scene that depicts a war between heaven and hell. Demons...against angels," he looks at me.

Kiki gleans his meaning, "Do you want, like, Satan to be depicted among his devils?" She looks at me and smirks.

"I'll leave that up to you. Only, I want it shown that Satan is clearly winning this particular war."

"I gotcha. How soon do you want it?"

"Take your time. This has to be done right. It has to be perfect."

"How big?"

"I want it to take up the area on my wall above my mantle."

"Mkay. I'll have to come over and measure. You're talking some major coinage, my friend."

"It'll be worth it."

What is he doing? And why is Kiki going along with it? I don't understand.

"No budget then?"

"No."

Eric's brows raise before narrowing down on my boyfriend. Ex...boyfriend. I don't like the way he's looking at Shy. He doesn't know him. He doesn't know anything. Of course, what do I expect? Eric is interested in me, and Shy is his competition and vice versa. How do I stop this pissing match?

Kiki pats my leg and motions that she's going to use the restroom. I want to follow her, but I stay in my seat. I'm no coward. Except when I see Shy slide Kiki's tray over and switches seats so that he's sitting next to me in her spot. He leans over to me.

"Rosa's pizza is much better than that crap."

Why did he have to bring up the memory of our first date? Why did he have to bring up the memory of that pizza? Now I'm craving it. Great.

"Yeah," I whisper.

"Why are you sitting here, Shy?" Eric is brave enough to ask.

"I don't owe you a fucking explanation."