Chapter 6 - Straightaway Execution

Start from the beginning

A person from the other side of the door whispered, "Open the door. It's Jean."

Marco quickly but silently opened the door for both Jean and Love Janine.

As Jean and Love Janine entered the old room, we all went to sit down on the floor again forming a shape of a not-so-perfect circle and wait for the whole plan execution.

Jean opened up a conversation.

"Are you the caller earlier? The one who called Athena." She was talking to Frank.

"Yes." Frank shortly replied.

"Are you some kind of spy? Can we trust you?" Love Janine straightly questioned Frank.

"Of course, he'll say yes. We're not just sure if he's telling the truth." Jean replied to Love Janine.

"Wait, uh. Look, it may sound hard to believe that I'm going to help you, but that's true." Frank said as he defended himself.

"Then, how do you know Athena?" Jean asked.

"Let's not talk about it now. We should get going." Marco said.

"Fine. Now, it's currently 5:23. We still have some minutes to decide if we're going to continue this so-called investigation." Jean opened up.

"There's no turning back." Joven swiftly said while being focused staring the floor.

We went into a complete silence after what Joven said.

Then Marco shared something.

"By the way, I've got what we need to open the locked room upstairs." He said as he opened his black bag to get something. The thing he was talking about is a screwdriver.

"Wait, a screwdriver?" Prim asked as she finally talked.

"Oh, Prim, I didn't know you're here. You've been really silent, huh. Well, you're right. This screwdriver will definitely screw up those locked doors." Marco responded.

"How come do you have a screwdriver inside your bag? That's weird." I asked Marco.

"For protection. I mean, it's just stuff for self-defense when someone attacks me." Marco explained.

"Your screwdriver can't defend you from a gunshot." Luke slightly laughed as he talked to Marco.

"Never mind. I just bring this screwdriver since high school days. Is it that weird?" Marco asked Luke back.

"Yeah, very weird." Luke instantly replied.

"Do you even know how that screwdriver works?" Frank asked Marco.

"Of course. I've watched a lot of life hacks videos on YouTube and this one is really helpful." Marco replied.

"Oh, by the way. What's actually your work here?" Marco asked Frank.

"I'm currently a field reporter." Frank answered.

"Woah, that's really nice. I mean, that's huge for a second-year worker here." I commended Frank.

"You're exaggerating. It's just, uhm, passion and uhm, perseverance, you know." He responded.

"Nevertheless, you're indeed passionate, huh." I said.

"Maybe." Frank said.

Jean changed the topic as she said, "So guys, are going upstairs altogether?"

"Yes, of course. I mean, the more, the stronger." Frank responded.

Joven disagreed as he said, "No. I think we should separate into like, two to three groups so that we can execute our plan fast and efficient."

"Since we are more than seven, we're eight. We can divide ourselves into three groups. Marco, you will join Athena and Mr. Yoshida to search for something in Ms. Phumsri's room, her office you know. That's on the second floor. Take the stairs silently. Luke and Jean, you guys proceed to our room, the thing called Room of Lucky Seven. Also take the stairs. Then, I, Prim and Love Janine will go to the basement."