Chapter 10

The haunted house was torn down and the tombstones were removed. The community planted flowers and trees in its place. I was so happy and grateful to have memories to hold onto with my mom when she left us for the final time 12 years later. This time it wasn't an illness, it was just her time. Before she passed away, she told me again that I had a gift, and even though my gift could no longer help her; I should use it to help others.

It wasn't until a few years later that I understood what my gift was. I volunteered at different children's hospitals and would set up different activities. One day, there was a little girl around 10 years old that couldn't participate because she was wheel-chair bound with a debilitating disease. Even though I didn't know her, I knew she could beat whatever she was fighting, so I went to her and held her hands. I sent her positive messages and energy, then all of a sudden, a bright spiral of energy formed in the middle of the girl's belly. Its spread to her head and feet, I moved a few steps away from her, and she was able to walk to me.

The doctors and nurses were all astounded, they had done everything humanly possible, but were convinced the girl would not live a long life. Some believed that I was a witch while some thought I was a fraud. I think that my gift comes from a place of love and the belief that all things are possible.

Over the years, I have saved many lives. I am at the stage where my gift won't save my life. During my last days, I can only hope that my tombstone will be known and will read 'Daughter, Sister, Healer and Believer.'