ct-22 Whats the plan?

Start from the beginning

"Why wasn't Katherine burnt by my fire?" Kai asked.

"There are some things even the mysts cannot understand." Garett said.

After a while, Kai left Garett alone and went up to see Katherine. Katherine laid on the bed while Abel hovered over her arm. Esther held a bowl of bloody water as she stood beside him.

"Hey." Kai said in greeting to all of them. He stood at the threshold of the room.

"Hey Kai. Would you tell the Queen she doesn't need to be an assistant." Abel said while wrapping Katherine's wound gently with a clean cloth.

"It's Esther. And I've never been let into the infirmary of my castle. I want to know what it's like." Esther said.

"And I'm the perfect example." Katherine said with a sarcastic smile. Esther gave her the same.

"Alright I'm done. Don't put pressure on the arm. I'll be downstairs preparing food with whatever I find." Abel said. Then he looked at Kai. "Esther you coming?" Abel asked.

Esther looked reluctant to leave but she conceded.

"Sure. I've still got more to learn." She said with a smile then left the room. Kai nodded his appreciation at Abel as he left the room.

Kai leaned against the door and folded his arms. Katherine looked tired, her face slightly pale. She needed a good rest.

"Hey Sky." he said

"Hey Guardian." she said.

Kai had never been so happy to be called guardian. Because it meant she was getting past the hurt he caused her.

She adjusted slightly on the bed, then patted it and waved him over. Kai smiled as he shut the door then walked over to the bed and laid next to her.

The bed was soft, not nearly as luxurious as the one that was in the castle, but it was comfortable and spacious enough for two.

Kai spooned her. He breathed in her scent. It was much clearer with all this power in him.

"Lemons and snow." Kai whispered.

"What was that?" Katherine said, giggling slightly. Kai huffed a laugh.

"It's your scent." Kai said. "My new powers make me smell things a human's nose can't."

"I'm not really sure you're human anymore." Katherine said.

That didn't sit well with Kai.

"But you've got your humanity and that's what matters." Katherine added.

Because she knew Kai. And she knew no matter how tough he made himself seem, he was sensitive to things like being called a murderer.

They cuddled in silence for a while.

"Kai." Katherine called.

"Hmm?" Kai answered. Katherine shifted on the bed and turned to him.

"Don't keep anything from me. Ever." Katherine said with a death glare.

"I won't." Kai said.

"If I do find out what you keep, I don't care how powerful you've become. I'll kill you myself." Katherine said.

Kai almost gaped at her.

"Yes. Yes ma'am." Kai said.

Then she stared at Kai's chest and placed her palm against it.

"I'm sorry for calling you a murderer." she said.

"I deserved it." Kai said.

"You're not a murderer Kai. Viktor is. And there's a difference between you both. Murderers like killing, you don't." Katherine said.