Part Four: Dealing With Our Addictions

Start from the beginning

"Oh. Angel Dust, it's you. What can I do for you my raunchy associate?" His eyebrows quirked as his head tilted curiously.

"The lesbos aren't around, are they?" The spider demon asked immediately as his eyes darted around.

"No. But you really shouldn't be referring to them by their relationship status, it is rather disrespectful, don't you think?" Alastor's red eyes narrowed in a dark way the spider demon didn't like.

"Yeh, yeh, got it. Can You come help me with somethin' real quick.." Angel Dust furiously beckoned the tall, red pinstriped suited Radio Demon over and Alastor obliged walking with quick deliberate steps.

"What seems to be the trouble?" He asked at the same loud volume he usually spoke making the lanky spider demon shush him.

"Don't you have volume control?" Angel hissed in irritation, not wanting him to draw attention to them.

"Of course I do..". Alastor added in a dangerously low volume tone as he scowled, his smile glinting eerily as he spoke. "Now what is so pressing that you had to pull me out of standby for.."

"Wait.... You were on standby?" Angel quirked a brow in disbelief.

"Don't change the subject.." Alastor retorted sharply before snapping his head back so fast anyone else would get whiplash. His glowing red eyes narrowed a moment then scanned the bar top before leaning over and chuckling in some amusement at the sight of the comatose cat demon. "Ah! Husker, you drunken clown, fallen afoul of your libationous lifestyle, eh? Angel be a dear, help me get him upright, there's a good lad."

It took both Angel and Alastor to pull the surprisingly heavy cat demon and prop him up by their shoulders, his head lolling forward as his wings drooped downwards dragging the floor.

"Geez, this guy is fuckin' heavier than he looks.." Angel Dust grunted, staining to lift his side as the Radio Demon seemed unperturbed by the weight of his subordinate.

"Haha, he is quite the weighty fellow, isn't he? No matter, I have just the way to transport him." Alastor replied and instantly the room seemed to go fuzzy, static like as if the background of them was in the process of changing channels.

"Freaky, I had a trip like this once.." Angel smiled briefly before it dropped as they seemed to arrive in the poky bedroom of Husker. "It didn't end well.." The spider demon added as he and the Radio Demon dumped the hulking demon cat unceremoniously onto the single bed in the room.

"Fascinating. You'll have to regale me with it sometime.." The deer-like humanoid demon in the red pinstripe suit of various shades responded looking genuinely interested. "I do like a tale filled with misery and woe.."

"So will he be ok?" Angel ignored these words and the unsettling feeling in his stomach. Of course this guy would get off on a story from one of the darkest parts of his past.

"As long as he doesn't swallow his tongue, he'll be fine." Alastor stated brightly before flashing Angel a wicked look, "Which is where you come in."

"Me? Whatcha want me t'do?" The spider demon blinked not liking where this was going.

"Watch him, of course!"

"What!" Angel looked outraged. "Why can't you do it?!"

"Because... I need to go back downstairs and cover for him.." Alastor smiled widely before his look turned slightly sinister and crafty. "And since nobody will miss you I can make it worth your while.." He slowly waved one hand over the bedside table as a bag of very familiar white dust appeared and the Radio Demon smirked adding in a hinted sing-song voice. "Nobody may ever need to know.."

"You know I'm not allowed drugs inside this hotel!" Angel snapped but could already feel the pricking inside as his body was craving a hit just from the mere sight of his greatest weakness. He tried to will it away mentally telling himself that he was here to get clean..

"We both know this little venture is doomed to failure Angel, why deny it?" The Radio Demon added, his smirk widening. "Look at it this way.. All I'm asking you to do is watch Husker, it's your choice whether you take the drugs or not.."

"You really are a god damn creep!" The spider demon snarled back annoyed.

"Just let me know the instant our mutual friend is awake.." Alastor acted as if he hadn't heard him then disappeared into the shadows of the room leaving Angel Dust by himself with the comatose cat demon slumped on his front and the bag of Angel dust sitting innocently on the side..

...Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh, fuck, oh fuck....

Angel scratched himself nervously. Reminding himself he was here to help Husker, not get high out of his mind. But still, it had been a few days since he had had a good hit... and Husker was going to be out for the count for quite a while. Wasn't he? Maybe... he could just have a little pinch...