This was going to be harder than l thought!

I drew in a deep shuddering breath before saying,

"Ferracco. He is an architect and can lead the construction company well ."

His face slowly turned to ice. I held my breath waiting for his reply.

" You can't mean that! He might be your husband but he is not to be trusted with managing rights over Castio ," he burst out angrily.

"I thought you have accepted him as part of the family," l argued feeling annoyed.

Why was Claudius so hung up on hating Ferracco to the very end!

"I was only tolerating him to see what he is up to. What can l do when he has you and the entire family wrapped around his tiny little fingers," he said in a scowling voice.

I clenched my fists in anger. I raised my head and stared at him defiantly.

" l have made my decision. Ferracco is my husband and he has every right on planet to take that seat ." l strode out leaving behind a gaping Claudius.

                                                ****

That night , we cuddled after one of our passionate nights together. My head was resting on his chest.  His eyes were closed but l knew he wasn't asleep. I began drawing circles on his chest to gain his attention. His eyes flew open and rested on me.

He lifted a dark eyebrow lazily grinning. How l loved his messy look. It only heightened his appeal.

Was it even legal to be this handsome!

I ignored my blushing and decided to concentrate on important matters.

"I want you to help in my father's company," l said uncertainly.

" Of course , l will," he said in a casual voice.

" Not as an electrician. "

He stared at me confused.

" l want you to be the CEO of Castio construction company. "

                                           ****

Ferracco finally accepted my offer after a hard time of convincing him.

" l don't want to invade in your family business, " he had argued that every time l brought up the subject.

His words had pained me.

"But you are now my family," l had cried at him blinking back tears.

At last he had gave in and the company was now flourishing under Ferracco's expert care. Even Claudius was forced to withdrew from his cold remarks and had complimented Ferracco on his good work.

For six months , everything was going smoothly until one fateful morning . l had woken up startled. My heart was racing madly and my face was dripping sweat. I remembered having a nightmare but l couldn't recall what it was about.

My right hand squeezed my chest. For some unknown reason , l had this nagging feeling at the back of my mind that something really terrible was looming at the corner.