Chapter 21: Start

Start from the beginning

After her speech, Skyler took her place and greeted us. "Good day students, I hope that all of you will enjoy your stay here and as the pri—"

From behind, we heard a creaking sound of the door. We tilt our heads and saw a brown haired woman with a scarf, panting.

..I forgot. This is the first scene when Sophie transferred here.

She bowed down and apologized, I saw that Skyler smiled at her and continued his speech.

Even if Skyler speaks, some of the students can't help but whisper;

"Hey who is that? Freshman?"

"No, her uniform seems for sophomore"

"I don't know her"

"Must be commoner, disgusting"

"Why is someone like that here?"

Many of them are glaring at her so she can't find a vacant seat.

"Hey over here!" I spoke with an appropriate volume for her to hear me.

"You!– aren't you the one at the party last time?" She exclaimed. "Wow~ you are studying here as well. This place is really pretty so—"

"You got lost?" I continued.

I remember that she got lost since this school that's why she was late. Her unusual action made Skyler became interested in her.

The commoner who is also kind, smart and lively made Rick and the original Marcus to be in love to her as well. Seems like the original plot was still the same.

Must be nice to be loved like that..

"Y-yeah sorry. It seems the prince is here as well"

"Yes and like us, he is a sophomore as well"

She nodded and looked at Skyler with a beaming expression.

---

"Good thing, we are classmates once again!" Rick hugged me and ruffled my hair.

"What are you doing?!" I covered my hair. Oh my god, what if I looked like an idiot?

"Because we missed you! We have a month long summer break and you didn't even send us a single letter"

I looked at Skyler who watching our argument. Since when did he had those glasses?

"Hey, when did you had those?", I pointed near my eyes.

"No-nothing! Don't mind it. I always study at night, just to match my rival."

..Rival? Who?

Wait what was I talking about?

"Oh. I'm sorry I had other things to do" yeah preparing myself for this day.

"I see. Is that thing might be difficult? You spent a whole month for that. Do you need our help?" Skyler asked worriedly.

"No, I appreciate the thought since I'm ready."

Both of them had a puzzled face and tried to ask for more questions but I answered in a roundabout manner until they gave up.

"Good morning class". A muscular and tall man came inside our room along with Sophie who was awkwardly looking at my classmates and smiled when she saw us at the back.

Yes, us. Skyler remained to be my seatmate.

"Let me introduce myself first", with his thick baritone voice, he instantly captured the attention of my classmate, mostly because of fear.

"I am your class adviser, Michael West. In case you might not know, I am retired knight of our country." He narrowed his eyes, "so if anyone tried to do something wrong, I'll never let it pass. Understand?"

All of nodded at him, trying not to get on his bad side. After he did an 'outstanding' introduction, he motioned Sophie to come in front which she did and clumsily bowed at us.

"U-um..I am Sophie Erica Jones, daughter of a bakeshop employee and a carpenter. Pleased to meet you"

She looked at me and gave me a thin smile. Oh god, even if I knew that she is kind; I don't want to deal with another person that will cause my death. Heck, I already had a lot of stuff on my plate.

"She knows you?" Skyler leaned and whispered at me.

"Yeah, we met at your party last time. She was there as a helper for pastry distribution."

Skyler looked like he has about to say something but he decided not to and faced Sophie again. I wanted to know what he wants, but he mumbled something so I didn't pressed further.

"Then your seat will be–" he looked around and noticed that the vacant sit in front of prince. " that one."

She bowed at our adviser and went to her assigned seat.

What a wonderful 'coincidence'; her seatmate was Rick who is in front of me and my seatmate, Skyler is behind her.

I see, the story really let the heroine to be near to her capture targets.

Well, I don't care whatever they're gonna do, flirt for all I care.

I just listened to our adviser.

"I know that you guys have been together since your first year and you have new classmate, how about you let yourself to know your friends further?"

He smiled.

"Lets have a speed dating game"