Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey, lovelies!

Protection Detail is now available as paperback and on Kindle ❤❤❤

Thank you so much ❤❤❤ I hope you're enjoying this story as much as I am writing it.

Due to Amazon's policy, I can only have a small number of chapters available for free ❤

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MSKDCDN

Much love and appreciation,

Lizzie Lioness

CHAPTER 1
Get in

"Winter."

"Hi, dad."

Standing in front of me was my father. A business man whom for years has kept quiet about what he did for a living. Always told me it was top secret, but I never pushed him for answers, partly because I was scared of what he would tell me.

Dad frantically called me in the middle of the night needing to talk about something he said was of great importance. I was scared by his shaking voice when I answered the phone, so I knew it was urgent.

I stepped aside and allowed my father to walk into my single-story home, closing the door behind him. "Okay, dad. What's going on?"

He took a deep breath and combed his fingers through his hair, settled on the couch and tapped the empty spot next to him. "Come here."

"Is mom okay? You're freaking me out."

He nodded. "Yes, sweetheart. She's fine." I sat down next to him and he turned his body towards me. "I need you to move back home."

My eyes widened and I let out a deep chuckle. "What are you talking about?"

"Look, there are things I've kept hidden from you for your protection, but sweetheart this is very important. Please don't ask me why, but know that it is for your safety."

"Dad. I'm not going anywhere with you. Not until you tell me what's going on. It's time you told me." One thing I have pride myself with was being independent. Working my ass off to afford a place on my own and in this area, it was never easy, but for my father to ask me, a twenty-five-year-old girl to move back in with him, didn't sit right and made my stomach churn.

"Sweetheart, I love you, but I'm not giving you an option here."

"Tell me why."

"I can't. I'm sorry, darling."

I gritted my teeth and stood up, huffed towards the door which I swung open, waving my hand for my dad to leave. He stood up and grinned, nodding behind me. When my head turned around, I noticed an incredibly handsome guy smiling at me.

"Hello. My name's Zayden. I'm here to escort you back to your dad's place." Zayden had sleeked black hair, a chiseled jaw, five-o-clock shadow and deep brown eyes. The top button on his white shirt was undone and my eyes for a brief moment gazed at his bare chest.

My mouth dropped open. Sure, this guy was hot, but there was no way I would go anywhere with him without an explanation. I smiled back at Zayden, raised my eyebrows and shut the door in his face before I turned towards my father.