Chapter 6: Retaliation

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah, yeah okay fine." Ethan says.

"Well, get to beg- I mean, convincing." Trent says, and the three boys lower down closer around Jungkook.

Great...I just want this to be over with. Jungkook thinks, rolling his eyes.

~

Algie comes running out of the bathroom when he spots his friend down the hall, putting some of his books away in his locker. "Cornelius!" He calls out, and the boy glances over in his direction. The boy starts to give him a wave, but he slowly lowers his hand down after noticing the look of pure panic on Algie's face. Plus, Algie was running. Algie never runs. "Cornelius - help!"

"Oh, salutations Algie." Cornelius says. He has a distinctive, high-pitched squeaky voice. He turns to face Algie, who has stopped in front of him. Algie is hunkered over with his hands on his kness, breathing heavily. "Did you lose your character sheets again?" Cornelius asks.

"No, no it's even worse this time!!" Algie says, taking a moment to regain his breath and composure before continuing. He speaks so fast, Cornelius can barely understand him and is forced to repeat himself - taking up even more precious time. "Jungkook....*gasp* Trent and his friends have a hold of Jungkook!" He manages to say.

"Jungkook? Who's that?" Cornelius says.  "Ohhh, wait...that's the new kid, isn't it? Yeah, I think I heard someone talking about him earlier." He says, putting his finger up to his chin. "What a poor, poor fool....well, I hope he makes it out alive." He concludes, shaking his head back and fourth. He's about to go on his way, but Algie grabs a hold of his green sweater, preventing him.

"N-No, we can't just leave him! We have to help him!" Algie says.

"Why's that?" Cornelius asks, adjusting the glasses on his nose. "I haven't even met him. For all I know, he can just be as big of a bully as Trent and the others. If he can get defeated early on..." He taps his chin, "...that would be one less bully that we'd have to worry about. Gotta think strategically!"

"No, Jungkook is not even close to being a bully." Algie says. "I can assure you - he's a hero! In fact, he sacrificed himself for me!"

"He...did?" Cornelius asks, his interest suddenly peeked, but he still remains hesitant. To say it was rare that someone would ever care to stand up for the nerds is an understatement - and it was even rarer for just anyone to seek their help, well, if it didn't have anything to do with math or science homework, anyways.

Algie nods. "Yes, and he's about to be *gulp* dunked! In fact, that would have been me in there getting dunked, but Jungkook stood up for me! For someone to stand up for me....someone that isn't my friend...I can't just leave him to the bullies, but I can't do anything about it by myself."

Algie says, slumping his head down. "I'm too weak, and the prefects don't ever take me seriously - no one does."

"Hmm...this sounds like quite the predicament, indeed..." Cornelius says as he rubs his chin, suddenly having a change of heart.

"I know...and it's all my fault." Algie says. "That's why I came to you - I knew if anyone could figure out what to do, it'd be you!"

"Okay, let's stay calm here. So he's in the bathroom, correct?" Cornelius asks, and he listens intently as Algie runs through everything that had transpired, just a few moments ago. "The bathroom..." Cornelius says. "Lots of tights spaces...this is gonna be tricky."

"It is...it really, really is.."

Cornelius looks left and right, keeping his eyes out for anything he can use to their advantage. That's when his eyes land on a boy walking down the hall, smacking a yard stick down into the palm of his hand. He is wearing the same green astronomy vest that Cornelius and Algie are. Cornelius puts his finger up into the air. "A-HA! I believe I have found just the person to help us, my friend!" He says, then cups his hands around his mouth. "Thad!!"