Chapter 19 - Katty and The Wake

3rd POV
Hospital

Elena and Stefan ran John to the hospital after Katherine attacked him. After Elena checked for her brother she found out that he wasn't home yet. That worried her but then she got a call about Matt, her ex that in her heart she still sort of, possibly loves.

Matt was in the hospital because of a car accident with Tyler, who is in the waiting room feeling so guilty. He just hurt one of his friends! He's practically horrified with himself.

Matt was not recovering well either, add in how his relationship with Vicki was, how he kissed Matt's mom (albeit while wasted and not thinking clearly, the woman is as old as his mom, ew) and that just makes the guilt that much worse.

Outside of Matt's room Elena and Stefan are arguing.

"Please Stefan, your blood heals, he's a good guy, please give him some of your blood" Elena pleads with such sadness that he ends up caving.

"It's dangerous Elena, if he dies with my blood in his system he will turn into a vampire. Do you understand that?"

She looks up at him, her eyes steely, she can't lose Matt after all, he basically worships the ground she walks on and he's a nice guy so if things fall through with Stefan she can always go back to Matt.

Elena looks Stefan in the eyes hard "Yes, I understand that" she makes her eyes mist over "but he's such a good guy, you have to turn him, please Stefan?"

Stefan sighs and then nods with a frown. Only for her, he'll do it, they love each other right? "Fine"
—————————————
Forbes Residence
3rd POV

When Liz arrives home late that night she sees her daughter with a group of people sleeping on the couches. Damon and Alaric among them.

She chuckles and gathers up some blankets, sits it on top of them and then heads up to bed herself.

She was knocked out by someone she should have been able to trust. It's a terrifying thought and add in the disappointment she feels and the sadness among other things, she needs a really long, really good nights sleep.
————————

I woke up to the smell of breakfast this morning. Yummy yummy breakfast. . Hmm. . Bacon?

Pancakes maybe? Yum.

I look around the living room as I sit up slowly, pressure on my stomach, I see Alaric still passed out on me.

Jeremy is snuggled with Anna quite comfortably too.

Is Damon cooking?

Yawning I make my way to the kitchen and yep, Damon is there making breakfast while Mom listens to him talk.

"See, and it's very unlikely that the Mayor was a vampire." My mom says frustrated.

Walking over I sit beside her and put my head on her shoulder "hello Mom"

"Hi honey, I didn't know you were going to have company." She says with a chuckle.

"Neither did I" I say with a small smile.

"They're having a wake for Mayor Lockwood today. Will you be there?" Mom asks me and Damon as the rest of our little group comes tumbling in so to speak.

"I will be"

"I will be as well" Damon and Alaric say.

Jeremy glances at Anna who shrugs "we might go too." He replies easily. Anna lays her head on Jeremy's shoulder just as Damon starts setting the breakfast food down on the table.