Chapter 6 - Damon Comforts, The Teacher and Student Hang Out

Forbes Residence

When I woke up the next day Damon was gone, but he did come over during the rest of the weekend "to make sure You don't take off" is what he keeps telling me and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Damon isn't after the crystal so that shouldn't be an issue hopefully, so maybe it'll be a quieter week? Unless he's a Liar Liar pants on fire of course.

He'll probably be heading to Bree's bar within the next few days or something so that he can get the tomb open.

It sounds like a time for the newest best friend pass time of 'grave robbing for kicks!' Or something like that.
——————————————————-
Mystic Falls High School

It started the moment I walked into school, Elena have been glancing at me worriedly all day and I just can't wait for school to be over. She's sooo annoying.
—-
I was sitting in history class when Alaric walks in, I kind of ignored him for a bit but whatever.

After he writes his name on the board he says "Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce "Alaric" but it's "Alaric," okay? So, you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher."

Yay, the vampire hunter is in town. Maybe Damon won't continuously kill him this time? Should I glue myself to Damon's side? No, no that wouldn't do.

When school was out I was walking to my car when I see Stefan sitting on the hood of it with his arms crossed and a curious expression on his face as he watches me closely.

"Get off my car." I tell him sternly when I open the door. He gets off and then holds the door before I can get in.

"How did you know." Stefan asks me sternly, I look up at him and blink.

"Know what?" I ask confused.

He sighs and then begins ranting "how did you know Lexi? why did it bother Damon that you were so upset? Why did you try to fight for her?

I frown and shrug looking down embarrassed, "she seemed really nice, so what if she gets the cool vampy stuff and people don't like it. Because. . Uh. . Actually, I have no idea. Probably because he's my friend and I didn't want to see her die." I tell him honestly.

"Damon doesn't have friends Caroline." Stefan says gently, god that's so weird.

I look up at Stefan my eyes narrowed dangerously "He's my friend and I'm his friend Stefan, so suck it the fuck up. I couldn't stop it, I couldn't keep her alive, I tried but I couldn't." I tell him harshly, tears stinging my eyes as I sit down in my car and try to slam the door shut.

I see Stefan still holding the door, I huff "Let go of my door Stefan."

He opens his mouth to speak up he had let go of the door so I slammed it shut and started up the car, driving home.
—————————————————————
Forbes Residence

When I get home I see that Damon is in my body's bedroom laying on my body's bed.

I set my school books down "so what are you doing here?" I ask him curiously.

He looks me over and shrugs "I just gotta make sure you don't just run off and hurt yourself don't I?"

I snort as I sit down beside him  "it's been what? Three days now? Besides I said I'll stay."