Not until she overheard him say it to Harry Potter.

Small tears started to escape her eyes. Her uncle Albus never told her these things yet she was family. Harry wasn't.

A silent bitter laugh left her lips as she remembered one thing.

Zoë was never truly family.

"It is essential that you understand this!" Dumbledore stood up from his desk, pacing around. It was the first time Zoë and Harry have ever seen him that agitated. "When Voldemort attempted to kill you, he singled himself out! It's his fault that you are able to see into his thoughts, his ambitions, and even be able to have the ability to speak Parseltongue. Despite all this, you have never been tempted by the Dark Arts and never showed temptation to follow Voldemort."

This time Harry stood up, visibly agitated as well.

"Why would I be? He killed my mum and dad!"

"You are protected by your ability to love! Something Voldemort can not understand and is your only protection!" Dumbledore's voice boomed through the room. "I don't think he understands the incomparable power of a soul that is still whole and untouched."

"But sir...doesn't it mean I still have to try and kill him or..."

"Still have to? Of course you still have to. But for you, not the prophecy. You won't rest until you've tried. Just think!" Silence filled the room. Zoë slowed her breath in an attempt to not be heard. Finally, Harry spoke again.

"I'd want to try." Zoë's eyes widened. Harry Potter wanted to kill. Although it was all for a better life and justice towards the man that caused so much pain, it was still the act of killing that was shocking.

"Sir...I understand all that but...I still have a question." Dumbledore stood still, waiting to hear the question that Harry wanted to ask.

"So...with all that being said...does that mean...Zoë..."

"Is going through the same thing is you?" Dumbledore finished for him. Harry nodded. "Yes and No," Dumbledore answered, making his way to the desk once more, but instead of sitting down, took out a vial from one of the drawers.

"Harry. There is one last memory I must show you. After this I will be able to answer you question fully."

For the first time, Harry saw Dumbledore slightly tremble.

"Please...never tell anyone of what you see." The raw emotion in the headmaster's voice took Harry back. Whatever that memory was, it meant something to Dumbledore deeply.

"Especially...Zoë. She is not ready yet." Zoë saw both of them walk their way to the bowl, where Dumbledore opened up the vial and poured out the memory. With a nod, both bent down, placing their faces into the bowl.

"You shouldn't be here!" Phineas expressed as Zoë left the back of the pillar, making her way to the bowl. "I tried to warn Dumbledore but he was being stubb..."

"Shut it Phineas!" Zoë said as she finally made her way to the bowl. There was still room for one more face to enter, and through that space Zoë noticed the swirling of transparent blue colors. Without wasting any time, Zoë placed her face in, feeling her feet lift off the office floor.

Zoë landed right behind Harry and her uncle. She did her best to quietly avoid them. Confused, she looked around. Her heart dropped when she faced two men walking, clearly arguing with each other.

Albus and Aberforth Dumbledore.

Zoë's breath quickened when she saw her father, who was dead, walking alongside Albus. It was faint, but Zoë heard the conversation.