three

Hogwarts Castle

Hogwarts Castle. September 3rd, 1996

➵3:24 A.M.

Harry Potter couldn't sleep. He had a few things running through his mind, like his private lessons with Professor Dumbledore, Draco being a Death Eater, and the girl with the scar on her arm. Harry sighed quietly. He quietly got out of bed and fetched his Invisibility Cloak and his wand and left the dormitory.

Without distributing the portrait of the Fat Lady he excited from Gryffindor tower. He didn't know where we wanted to go, he just wanted to clear his mind and see if walking around would make him tired. He looked at his surroundings. The ceilings look beautiful with the lights hanging from them, and Harry never realized just how big just one hall could be.

As he continued to walk, he heard footsteps. Pausing, he looked around cautiously to see who was there. How could have he been so dumb to forget his map?

Harry's eyes widened when he saw her, Zoë Dumbledore, also walking around. It seemed like she also didn't have the best rest, as she had lightly dark under eyes.

Harry did his best to walk past her, but a slight change in direction from her caused her to bump into him. Cursing himself mentally, Harry quickly passed by her, but that was a mistake.

His cloak caused a slight breeze which Zoë caught onto. She quickly tugged on his cloak and it came falling, revealing Harry Poter to Zoë Dumbledore. 

With a quiet sigh, Zoë let go of his cloak and turned around.

"I'm sorry. You can go." Zoë was about to turn back around to walk to her uncle's office when she heard footsteps behind her.

"Do you remember me?" A slight smirk appeared on Zoë's face as she fully faced the boy with the scar on his forehead.

"Of course I do. You're the famous Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived." Harry seemed to not like being called that all that much, as we shifted a bit.

"I've known you for quite some time you know. Ever since the first DA meeting." Zoë huffed.

"Well, I didn't know Harry Potter was such a stalker." Harry laughed a bit at the comment but stopped when he saw just how emotionless Zoë was.

"I know we just...met...but Hermione and Evanora had described you as cheerful. But I don't see much of that here." This hit hard with Zoë. How can he say that? As if the Battle of the Department of Mysteries didn't mean anything to him. As if being possessed by Tom Riddle didn't change him one bit. Why didn't he feel just how she felt? They went through the same thing that night.

"Well, I don't know. Maybe it's because you're a stranger to me. " And with that Zoë started to walk away. She couldn't stand there with him anymore. With hot tears rolling down her face, she tried her best to rush to her uncle's office. She hadn't felt a strong emotion in so long. She wanted to feel something.

This is not what she meant.

++++++++++++++++++++

Hogwarts Castle. September 7, 1996

Even though a few days had passed since he saw Zoë in the halls, he couldn't quite get her off his mind. She didn't seem like the girl Hermione and Evanora talked about all summer. Harry remembered those few moments when they would tell him of their times together, but she wasn't like that at all. But he shouldn't care all that much. After all, they are strangers.

Harry could barely focus throughout the day though, as tonight he would be having his first private lessons with Dumbledore, and he didn't know yet what they would be doing exactly.

"Hellllooo. Earth to Harry." Ron waved a hand over Harry's face during dinner as Harry was dosing off. 

"I'm sorry Ron. What were you saying?" As they continued to talk, Hermione kept flipping through her book, seeming to avoid Ron a bit, and getting started when he called her name.

Finally, it was 7:50 pm. Harry took his Invisibility Cloak just in case and ran to Dumbeldore's office. He got there 5 minutes later. Harry said the password acid pops and entered the office, only to be seen face to face with Zoë, who had a bowl of fruits in her hand.

"Oh...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." Before Harry could even finish, Zoë was already walking away to her room, not paying attention to Harry.

Harry sighed and called to her, even though he didn't know what to say. She turned around and waited for him to say something.

"I'm...I'm sorry about what happened a few nights ago." Zoë only looked down, shifting a bit before saying something.

"Aren't you upset too? About that night?" Harry knew exactly which night. The night of the battle.

"I am." And that was it. Zoë nodded once and went into her room. Harry was a bit confused. Why would she ask that?

But he had no time to contemplate, as a tall wise man entered and caught Harry's attention. 

"Are you ready for your lessons Mr. Potter?" 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry I took so long. I've been focusing on college stuff lately but that is now out of the way and I can finally write this story again. I would just like to thank you all for 6K reads! I never thought I would get that many readers. I hope to update soon. I'm sorry in adavnce for any spelling mistakes, and stay safe during this time of panic. Bye!