seventeen

Hogwarts's Castle Halls

Hogwarts's Castle Halls. April 21, 1997

Zoë went through the empty Hogwart's Halls. For the first time, she seemed lost, not knowing where to go or who to go to. The person she had trusted most had betrayed her.

Zoë's cries filled the hall. It was well into the night and someone should have been there patrolling the halls. However, everything was still.

"Zoë?" 

The girl looked up at the source of the voice, looking into the eyes of the Slytherin boy she had befriended. Zoë got up and ran to Draco, hugging him tight while she cried into his shirt.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Zoë didn't answer, only hugging him tighter. Draco stood quiet, gently placing his arms around her waist, rubbing her back in comfort. Finally Zoë let Draco go, realizing what just happened.

"I'm sorry Draco." Draco shook his head, wiping the tears away from Zoë's face. "Don't be sorry. Come on. Let me take you to the Hufflepuff common room."

"No." Zoë immediately interrupted. "I...I don't want to go back." Draco nodded, a sympathetic smile placed on his lips. Draco took Zoë's hand in his and together they walked through the halls, looking around her any professors. Finally, they made it to the hall leading to the Room of Requirements. Opening the door, thr room presented them not with the room full of stacks of junk, but instead a light room with a single bed. The pair walked it, with Draco leading Zoë to the bed.

"Stay here for tonight. You can always come here after classes tomorrow if you're still not ready to go to your dorm." Zoë weakly nodded, not being able to produce a smile in return. 

Instead Draco smiled for the both of them. 

Draco placed a small kiss on Zoë's forehead, before stroking her hair and making his way to the door.

"Good night Draco."

The raspy voice of Zoë called out to him. Draco turned around at the girl who looked back at him. Draco walked back and hugged Zoë again, burying his face on the crack of her neck.

"I hope you feel better soon." Draco felt a wet cold liquid on his shoulder. Zoë cried once more, the memories of what happened a few minutes ago rushing back to her. Her arms fell limp at her sides, having no more strength in her body. She felt nothing again.

"I'm okay Draco." Zoë lied. "You can go back to get some rest." Draco let go and just looked at her, stroking her hair in comfort. Draco received a blank look back. 

All the happiness he was used to seeing in Zoë was gone. Someone had stolen it from her.

"I'm serious." Zoë placed a cold hand over Draco cheek, seeming like a way to say thanks. "It's late and you look tired."