27. A withering petal

Start from the beginning

Taehyung was Jin's actuation. Ofcourse his love was far more on the edge of a sword than Jin's. However, it was a minute fact how he was atleast lucky enough to confess his love.

While he just has to gulp down the juice.

"Why don't you ask her for lunch again?" he beamed at the younger but only received a pout in return.

"She barely started talking to me again after.. You know. She will never agree to that."

"She may if I persuade her." the older smiled as if offering a bribe to a kid for eating his vegetables and grinned successfully when the kid's pout morphed to a gasp of fervor.

"You will?"

"Ofcourse. Anything for you."

********

It is never too late to be exactly who you wish. He would smile at the adduced quote. What a load of nonsense!

It is late to be a brave teenage boy, to stand up against his father's will of having him incarcerated merely for a will to not hold a contention against his own brother for the throne.

It is too late to be chivalrous enough to forbid his new 'mother' from whiplashing him for the most frivolous issues- like earning more praises for his semblance than her daughter.

It is too late for being the older brother that Anaya needed whenever she was proffered like a mere doll to earn engrossments of princes from wealthy kingdoms at the tender age of thirteen!

It is too late to be the lover who could protect his significant other from the trounce given by his own family. Or not pollute his life at all with himself.

The routine.

Morning beginning with pre-decided apparels (that were no longer the opulent ones they used to be, rather more simulating that of Arauna army) mockingly spread across the detested bed that he never once slept in.

Namjoon strolls in a food stroller, dimples denting his cheeks in a grin bright enough to light up the whole kingdom, asserting how it is Taehyung's smile that induces his.

He was almost always followed by a poised-as-ever leutinent Park Jimin with his hands folded at back and sword hanging from his waistbelt bouncing up and down against his right knee with every second step.

Sometimes the Lt. would wait outside the door and other times may stay to make small talk with Taehyung while he swallowed down one of the two meals he gets all day and girded himself for the day of parkours.

The entire day would be desperate attempts of surmounting years of disciplines within a month, that were never his forté to begin with.

The training was a re-run of his teenage years only this time instead of a patient ballast Sir Yoongi with every move calculated, was a desperate older brother who did not wish to give up on his magnificent failure of a brother.

At the beginning, Yoongi would just discern from far impatiently tapping his foot on the ground when Taehyung clumsily tumbled over his own feet; or would nudge another guard to give the prince some bullet points that Jongha managed to miss.

However with time Yoongi could not subdue his urge to jump in. Soon he was in the ground, helping the boy furnish his rusted skills, not like it made a drastic impact on the clouts but it did warm Taehyung's heart.

"You can do it, your highness!"
he would curtly inform known full well to him and the mentioned that his highness could not do anything.