i. narcissus

"In every end,
there is also a beginning."
• Libba Bray •

NARCISSUS / DAFFODILrebirth, new beginnings

rebirth, new beginnings

Sometimes, it is said that there are two kinds of people in the world—those who view half a glass of water as half-full, and those who view it as half-empty.

There are, indubitably, more ways to view the glass of water.

The glass is full—half with water, the other half with air.
The glass is both half-full and half-empty.
The glass is refillable.

Realistically speaking, whether someone views the glass as half-full or half-empty can be validly dependant on the level of water in it before it reaches the halfway point

If the glass was empty prior and you pour water into it, the process can be described as fulling the glass—this means the glass can now understandably and realistically be viewed as half-full.
If the glass was full and you pour water out, this can be described as emptying the glass—this means the glass can now validly and realistically be viewed as half-empty.

Therefore, it should be understood that past experiences affect how people view the world around them.

People are not simply pessimists or optimists, realists or idealists, altruists or opportunists.
They are not their pasts, their futures, or the expectations surrounding them.
People are not defined by their experiences, circumstances, or surroundings.

They are not so simple.

Rather, they are a culmination of everything they've experienced, felt, learned, sensed.
However, they are also everything they haven't known.

People are comprised of pros and cons, positivity and negativity, experience and naivety, wisdom and folly, perfection and errs, light and darkness, good and evil, everything and nothing.

Humankind is far too complex and fickle to be categorised into any single one thing—or to be categorised at all.

Andromache Granger knows this all too well—her gift and her younger twin's help having given her this knowledge—and finds it undeniably beautiful.

The first of two lessons Andromache has taken away from what she's learned is to be unabashedly herself—to live her life how she wants, as who she wants to be, without worrying about the categories others put her in.
The second lesson is to be selective of whose opinions to take to heart—the opinions of those she cares for and respects matter most.

And thus, the life of Andromache Granger is a simple one, comprised of always being herself, and growing with the help of those she loves, respects, and cares for.