XVII.

.:*:・・:*:.
"Goodnight, sweet prince,
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"

(Horatio, act 5 scene 2)
.:*:・・:*:.

****

My eyebrows knitted in confusion, not understanding what on earth was going on, because by the looks of Michael's expression, it was the first time I'd ever seen him look anything but smug. Was it worry? Apprehension? Fear? I couldn't tell.

"What are you doing here Cordelia?" Michael spat out his words like vermin, and the blonde woman who I assumed was Cordelia simply let out a dry laugh.

"Oh wouldn't you like to know. We're here to finish what you started."

I reached out my hand discreetly, grabbing Ms Venable's hand, my heart growing increasingly jumpy. Even Ms Mead, who always had one blank face all day every day looked confused.

"What's going on?" I mumbled quietly to Ms Venable, taking a few steps back with her, away from Michael, because it felt like he hopefully had forgotten about us momentarily.

"I don't know, but we should go." But she didn't move, and neither did I. It was like that toxic curiousness that everyone had, the type when you know the sensible decision was to walk away, but just didn't out of dark interest.

Michael sneered at the women, obviously trying to intimidate them with his fiery glare, but they didn't look in the least bit scared, "Killing your stupid coven wasn't enough? Did I not make it clear that I wanted you dead? My my, you really are stupid." He started to move towards the spiral staircase slowly, never once breaking eye contact with Cordelia.

"No Michael, I think you'll find that the childish man in the room is the stupid one, because this is the end." Cordelia glanced at one of the other women, then up to me, Ms Venable and Ms Mead, as if giving the other person a silent message.

The next few seconds stunned me, because one second the second blonde woman was standing next to Cordelia, and the next she was standing in front of us three.

"What the hell?!" Ms Venable automatically stood in front of me, clearly trying to protect me from whatever had happened. It melted my heart but it really wasn't the time to acknowledge it.

"My name's Madison, don't freak out. We've got to get you someplace else, not that it will matter if the plan works though." She pushed through us, walking down the corridor, indicating for us to follow. I could tell that Ms Venable didn't like taking orders from people, but in this moment we were all in too much shock to question Madison. It was magic, Madison disappeared and appeared like a fucking fantasy movie.

"If you want Michael to kill you, be my guest. If not, I suggest you hurry up, unfortunately I don't have all day." Madison rolled her eyes at us, so we quickly followed her, our confused expressions never faltering.

I held on desperately to Ms Venable's hand, and I think she was doing the same to me because I could feel her grip tightening on mine more and more.

The blonde woman led us to the library, somehow she knew where everything was, unbeknown to me. "Now, I need you to tell me where Mallory is."

I looked at Ms Venable, the name ringing a few bells but not enough to recognise it. But luckily she did, "Why? Well she's in her room, like all the other greys, down there. Though I don't understand how she's relevant to anything right now."