Chapter 9: Awful Memory

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" Beth whispered, walking up behind her. Quinn turned around. Irritation and anger showed in her expression as she mumbled out: "Her camera isn't in its bag."

Alex pulled off her blanket and lunged towards them with pillows, muffling Beth's scream. Her camera sat on her desk, ready to catch everything that is about to occur.

Quinn kicked Alex off of her, sending her flying into the side of her own bed. Alex let out a wheeze and coughed up some blood due to her strength. She could tell she already had a huge bruise on her stomach and on her back.

-INFO SHEET-
QUINN ANDERSON
QUIRK: Hard Hit
Has multiple, fixed levels of strength; soft, medium, and hard. Soft is as strong as the average human, medium is enough to crack cement and bones, and hard can completely destroy any small object and break a cement wall into pieces. Only problem is that her fragile body can still be damaged by her own hits, so she has to either do some bodybuilding or wear her specially made boots and hand wraps.
Height: 4"10
Age: 12
BIRTHDAY: May 6, XXXX
----

Alex took advantage of the blood that had come out of her throat and spat it on Quinn, landing it on her leg. Quinn used a pillow to muffle her scream as it burned her skin. It wasn't a deadly chemical, but it had the ability to cause bad burns. Alex was happy to be able to experiment with that mixture she came up with one insomnia filled night.

Quinn growled and walked over to Alex and slapped her, her sharp nail scratching against her skin enough to create a cut, while the rest of the force created a light bruise. She held onto Alex's face with her right hand while she used her dominant one to scrape off the skin over her eye. Alex held back a scream in pain as she felt Quinn's sharp nail cut through her flesh. Quinn's thumb dug itself into her cheek bone, creating a small but deep cut. Her entire hand left a dark bruise on Alex's cheeks and jawline. Alex could always call Axel and Ross, but she really doesn't want to get them involved, especially with what's happening now. 

Alex squirmed, only to have Quinn grab her by the neck harshly (leaving yet ANOTHER bruise) and stomp on her right leg, breaking her leg in half and smashing her entire knee to bits. Beth came in and muffled Alex's mouth with a pillow to quiet down her screams. Quinn smiled sadistically. "Stop screaming, you don't want your dear siblings to get involved now, do you?"

Alex wiped her hand over her bleeding face and slapped it on Beth, her face melting as she took her turn to scream into the pillow. Quinn sat on the bed behind Alex and held her arms behind her, once again forming deep cuts all over her forearms. "Beth, the iron sulf- sulfee.. whatever the fuck it is! And my water!!" She said, quiet enough to not wake up the Fox twins at the other side of the hallway.

Alex's eyes widened in fear at the name, knowing that it was iron sulfide, a powdery substance that has a horrid odor and is flammable by water. Almost the entire room had been covered with it, which explained the unbearable smell. Alex could do nothing but sit there and bear the pain as the anesthesia effects of her quirk-activated blood could only go so far, and she would still feel the pain of being burnt alive.

She didn't couldn't help the tears that dripped out of the corners of her eyes as she glared at Quinn with pure hatred. 

"Any last words?"

"Fuck you."

And with that, a shriek was heard as Quinn and Beth fleed out the window, and Axel and Ross awoke, running to Alex's room only to be greeted with the devastating sight of their elder, loving, emo sister burning to death, Alex shedding one last tear at the sight of them before she closed her eyes and accepted her faith.

The clock ticked one last time as it was consumed by the flames.

Alex Fox: Deceased, March 12, XXXX at 3:44 am.

----

Alex began panting and started crying, hugging herself as she finally finished talking about the memory. She covered her face with her elbows sticking to her as she broke down and curled up into a ball mid-air, not wanting to show her vulnerable face to Shoto Todoroki. She had been holding back the tears since she began, and Shoto looked devastated at the story. He pulled Alex into a hug, and Alex only cried more from the sudden act, as it had been too long since she experienced the warmth of affection from a normal human being.

She poured all of her emotions out, soaking the student hero's shirt with blood and tears. Shoto whispered comforting sentences into her ear, and she just weeped as she clinged onto his larger form. She missed hugs so damn much, she completely forgot what the warmth of another being felt like. All of the other Creepypastas were cold to the bone, so it was like hugging a block of ice.

Shoto, however, despite practically being male Elsa.. Was completely warm. Sure, his right side was a bit colder than the other, but still, he was so.. warm. The warmth of another being was foreign to Alex by now, as usually the only time she touches a person for more than a couple seconds is when she's dragging a dead body, and those are also cold.

Alex calmed down after a few more minutes and sniffled, and Shoto moved away a bit, still attached, just so he could show her his sad smile. He whispered "it's fine, your family is fine, it's all done now. Do you want to hear my story?" Alex nodded.

And so, Shoto began to tell the tale of his childhood to anyone for the first time.

----

Alex hugged him this time, and they sat in silence in that thin alley. Alex moved away from the hug to look at Shoto, and ran her death-kissed hand along his scar. "You know, I always thought of scars as little marks- marks that you survived the incident in which it came from, marks that you pushed through." She smiled. "So to put it simply; your scars are beautiful."

Shoto smiled sadly, looking at the ground. 

"Alex?" he said, looking back up at her.

"hmm?"

"Thank you."

They both left the hospital in peace as it was getting late. The first thing the dead one did when she got back to the mansion was kick Jeff in the balls with her fixed leg.

-

For the past year, she thought it was the worst memory to ever remember. Simply awful.

She never considered the possibilty that maybe,

She just has awful memory.