"I'm sorry, dear but you weren't invited," Meg quickly told her before turning to find her shoes. Amy let out a groan in protest as Meg tried to put on her heels.

"You can't go Amy, so don't be a baby and whine about it," Jo tied her laces together as Penelope stepped into her heels, Jo's hand in hers helping her balance.

"I've been shut up in here and I never get to go anywhere. Beth has her piano but I'm so lonely!" Amy gestured wildly to Beth, her whiny exterior really starting to bug Jo.

"I can teach you chords," Beth leant over, so she could see Amy.

"I don't want chords Beth," Amy protested, "I want to go to the theatre-"

"No-" Jo got up from her seat, shouting in Amy's face, "I think you'd hate to poke yourself in where you're not wanted," Amy scowled at her sisters remark. A small 'be nice, Jo' making its way out of Penny's mouth. "We already have to deal with dull Mr. Brooke and stupidly perfect Peter," Jo spat, pulling her hat a top of her head.

Penelope's eyebrows knitted together as she adjusted Jo's hat, "Peter is a lovely man,"

"Man?" Jo scoffed, "More like boy,"

"I like Mr. Brooke- I think he's kind," Meg smiled.

"I'll pay for myself!" Amy interjected.

"You will not come," Jo linked her arm with Penny's, about to walk towards the door.

"But-"

"I'm sorry, my sweet, but Jo is right. Next time," Meg put her hand softly on Amy's cheek.

"I'll take you the next time a show is in town, Amy," Penelope rubbed her thumb over the young girls forearm.

"No you will not, she doesn't deserve it," Jo reprimanded Penny, "Come, Meg stop petting her" Jo grabbed her older sister. The three of them leaving the house. Amy chased after them, picking up her doll from the dining room table.

"Oh, you'll be sorry for this Jo March!" She threw it forcefully, aiming for her older sister. The three girls turned around with a mixture of scoffs and laughs.

"You will! You'll regret this!" Amy yelled as the three older girls exited, ready for a night of magic.

Amy huffed when she realised that there was no way she was attending the show. She turned to see Beth's eyes sitting upon her, she scowled- putting her hand up to block out Beth's gaze.

"Stop looking at me like that!"

( THEATRICS, YOU )

"Wasn't that great?" Peter intertwined his arm with Penelope's, "Lola, we have to do that again sometime, don't you think?"

The play had been outstanding, the six of them having the time of their young lives watching other people's unfold. Jo watched as Penelope leant in closer to Peter, a jealous rage fuelled her stomach as she walked out of the theatre with Laurie.

How can this boy just come back after nine years of being away and take her Penny away?! Jo was furious, she knew that she was still Penelope's best friend, but the fear of losing her to Peter terrified her.

Jo and Laurie stood on the porch of the theatre watching Penelope and Peter talk to one another, their faces in a close proximity. Loving words exchanged between the two.

"They look so happy," Laurie spoke, "Don't you think?" He looked at Jo, he saw the furrow in her brow- he knew she wasn't happy with the pair in front of them.

"Sickeningly," She spat.

"I still can't believe you're here," Penelope gazed at Peter with such wonder, "It's incredibly surreal, I have never been so content," She smiled. Peter's eyes looked as if they were filled with stars, with love- maybe he was filled with such an emotion.