𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝓌𝑜

Start from the beginning

jungkook's pov

a month earlier...

"hyung, I want to date her." I finally say to hoseok who had stopped dancing, seokjin and namjoon were cooking in the kitchen and they peered their heads from the kitchen to listen. yoongi had looked up from his phone and jimin and taehyung stopped wrestling.

"I can't contain these feelings anymore..." I said with sincerity, clutching my chest

it's true. it had now been a month since meeting chou tzuyu, and since then, I've wanted to treat her like she's the most precious girl alive on earth.

when I saw her tears that night and felt how much she was in pain.. I knew then that I had a mission to keep her happy. that I needed to protect her from the gloom and be the reason behind her smile.

"can't you be there for her as a friend?" jimin asks,

"I want to be more than that.."

"who cares about labels?" yoongi comments, but I couldn't be convinced otherwise

"you could start out as friends? then become closer and closer until you two realize that you click. you know it's a love maze. you both will find each other in the end if you two are really meant to be," namjoon says, offering a piece of advice. it did make sense to me.. but

"I want to be more than just a friend for many reasons," I start, I wanted to get my feelings out well,

"I want her to see me as a man. I'm not content with only being a friend or a close friend, or the best friends we are now,"

"I want to make her feel special.. not as a friend, but as a lover. I want to be able to do romantic stuff with her, hold her hand on dates, bring her flowers, kiss her whenever I feel like.."

"and as cheesy as it sounds... I want to be the person she thinks of the first thing when she wakes up in the morning and I want to make her the happiest girl alive."

I looked away in embarrassment, for I seldom confess my feelings to my friends. they all look at me in awe, like a parent seeing their baby walk for the first time.

"jungkookie, i'm proud of you," seokjin says as he wipes imaginary tears, the rest closed in to hug me. "you really fancy her," yoongi teases

"we're rooting for you!!" taehyung says as he gives my neck a long smooch, "oMG TAEHyung sTOP-"

"i won't be able to do this anymore when you get a girlfriend~" he says using it as an excuse. the others pat my back and ruffled my hair.

"it's only been a matter of weeks, I'll give it one more month, but maybe then, I could ask to court her to prove my worth?" I tell them and they all exchange glances with a proud look on their faces.

a grim expression fell on some

"kookie, don't be putting too much effort, you like doing that until you exhaust yourself," hoseok reminds me with a precaution-like look. he shows a sad smile,

I knew what he meant. I gave too much in the past that it ended up hurting me.

life is unfair sometimes. but I want to be able to defeat the impossible and give it a try. I won't let my past ground me in one place.

"I know for a fact that she won't do that, hyung." I say, "I've observed her far too much,"

"and I trust her, that's what's important," I add, looking down, a shy smile painted on my face,

"we're here for you when you need us kook, alright?" jimin replies, "plus! I've got the best advices here since I have, you know," he wiggles his eyebrows before saying, "experience," winking afterward.

despite being constantly teased, i'm so thankful for them. they were one of the big reasons, and the people.. these goofs that made me begin.

"okay, my tiger lily, let's discuss how you could court her," seokjin interrupts, he had shades with red paper hearts taped on the frames. he really carries shades everywhere does he?

"good luck kook, me now sleep, call me when needed

"good luck kook, me now sleep, call me when needed." yoongi turns to leave but I stopped him, "everyone is needed here, hyung." yoongi gave me a soft expression, but he retorts with

"sleep needs me more~"

_

author's pov

"hey tzuyu," jungkook breathes out,

"hm?" tzuyu turns to him, her mouth stuffed with bibimbap. he wipes the rice on the corner of her lip and brought it to his. it made her stomach do flips, and her heartbeat three times faster.

"I like you," he starts, he was just as jittery and nervous as tzuyu was feeling right now.

"no I mean.. I'm falling in love with you." despite the ruckus in the cafeteria, it was as if the two had everything around them frozen, tzuyu's chest tightens as he hears his confession

"so will you let me court you so I could call you mine?"

_

unknown message:

i'm here...

_

_

honestly my heart skipped a beat too as I wrote jungkook's cool confession.