Steve // Worried

Requested by artlovingbre. Sorry this took so long. The request was surprisingly extremely detailed somehow making it harder to do LMFAO. Anyway this is important, please read or re-read the info page if you haven't! I've made some changes <3 they're very small tho lmao.

Bill helped me up and started to patch up my wounds. He was a bit rough but it was faster...

"You alright, kid?"

I nodded and thanked him. We found ourselves at a generator with Feng and Ash already powering it up.

"Welcome to the party. Care to help us out?" Feng playfully smirked.

"Mmmm, no thanks. I think I'll just find the killer and mess with him." I half joked. I crouched down and fumbled with the colored wires inside. Bill got down to help but groaned when his back cracked.

"I'm gettin' too old for this horse shit..." He let out a sigh and talked to himself in a hushed tone. "I'd rather be shooting some zombies with Zoey and Louis. I don't think Francis misses me..."

"What was the apocalypse like? Did you get to shoot a bunch of zombies and have epic battles?" Feng asked the veteran with big eyes full of wonder.

Bill chuckled in response, "You'd be good out there, kiddo. You've got the additude for it. Believe it or not, it was a helluva lot easier to mow down thousands of zombies than go against one of these bastards." He sighed and shook his head, "If I had my gun this would all be over with a lot quicker."

I smiled and thought about fighting zombies alongside everyone. Terrifying but maybe more fun than this shit show. Our conversation was cut short when my heart drummed in my ribcage.

"Scatter!" Feng whisper yelled and disappeared into the corn. I hid behind a tractor and looked around. I could see the Oni's head from above the corn and he was chasing Ash. I hope he gets away safely... I can do a generator to help him out....

3 gens later....

"Looks like it's just you and me, kid..." Bill sighed and crouched next to me. We watch Feng get her tongue ripped from her skull. My stomach churned and I turned away. Bill noticed my uneasiness and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, we can get through this. But we have to get shit done before he finds us."

I looked into his eyes, they were full of determination and hope. It made me feel a bit better about myself. I nodded but doubt still clouded my mind. There's two of us left and two gens. Plus they're both very close to each other and I don't think the Oni will give up anytime soon. I voiced my concern to Bill and he hummed.

"Tell ya what. You go find the hatch and I'll distract him."

"W-what about you? He's gonna Mori you when he catches up to you..."

"We sure as hell can't do two gens with him patrolling like that. I'd rather have one of us escape than all of us dying."

I frowned. I don't like this plan but Bill seemed insistent on it...

"Don't worry about me. I've been through worse shit than this..." He got up and crushed his cigarette under his boot. "I'll try and buy you as much time as possible. Don't waste this chance, kid..." And with that, he disappeared into the corn.

Okay, just find the hatch... Can't be too hard right? A couple minutes have already passed and Bill was injured. I couldn't even find the stupid hatch with all this damn corn in my face.