•9•

It is almost unbearable. I now have to suffer under the feeling of being looked at more often than not, worse than ever. How do I make it stop? How do I get rid of this burning, ticklish, intense feeling?

I try to find relief in everything. Chewing on my pen. Fiddling with my shirt. Staring at the clock and watching the time go by painfully slow. Singing songs in my head, drawing things in my head, imagining all kinds of stories. But it doesn't work.

If this goes on, I won't graduate this year. I'll have to waste another twelve months on subjects I don't like instead of doing the things I like at university. I need to work harder...

It takes ages before the final bell rings and signals what I thought to be the end of my agony. But I was wrong. Before I can finish packing my bag, Hinata's face appears in my field of vision, his expression full of hope.

'Can I see your tablet now?' he asks cheerfully.

'I left it at home,' I lie, trying to avoid having to spend time with him.

'Oh, I was sure you'd have it with you, since you asked me if you had to use the paper... I mean, why would you ask if you don't have anything else to do it with?'

He saw right through me. I didn't think he would be a sharp person. Though he is ignoring all my attempts to get him to stay away. 'Alright. But only for a few minutes.'

He looks confused. 'What?'

'I'll show you. That's what you want, right?'

'So you do have it?' Hinata gasps. 'You lied to me!'

'You knew that already, didn't you? With your reasoning and all,' I scoff.

'I was just wondering. I didn't think you'd hide it from me,' he says with a soft pout.

I ignore the feeling of my heart falling, and instead focus on my annoyance. 'Do you want to see it or not?'

No answer follows, which I take as a yes. I can't believe myself. Once again I'm spending my free time with him voluntarily.

About a minute later, I find myself in the library with Hinata, just like before. Might as well make the most out of it while we're here. 'Give me your notes. I want to copy them while you check it out.'

'Huh? Oh, sure,' he answers, immediately reaching for his bag.

It's a bit of a weird trade. His cheap notebook for my also cheap, but in comparison way more valuable tablet. He looks so happy, though, so I guess it's fine. It's not like he'll keep it.

I grab my own notebook after receiving his. 'Do you know how to turn it on?'

'I've never seen one in real before, so...' he says, amazed. As if he's holding treasure instead of a shitty old piece of technology.

I push the power button and the screen lights up, showing the logo of the company that made it. At the same time, Hinata's eyes light up, once again excited.

'You can use this,' I tell him, pointing to the pen, 'to draw anything you like.'

Without wasting any time, he grabs it and starts working, while I begin writing down his notes in my own notebook. It doesn't take long before I get distracted again, though. 'How does it work?'

'Let me finish this and I'll show you, alright?' I sigh.

He nods, staying silent from then on, but still distracting me by closely looking at me copying. 'Do you want to go through my gallery while I do this?' I ask him in an attempt to make it stop.