Chapter 16: Strength

Start from the beginning

But of course, Ra's easily blocked it.

"Take care of Raven!" Robin exclaimed.

Putting Crescent Rose away Red turns around to look at Raven and bends down to her level. "Raven, you ok?" she questioned.

But the sorceress was not paying attention to her as her father telepathically talks to her as he tries to destroy the city and defeat the Justice League at the same time.

"Stupid girl, you think your allies can stop me now that I'm here? The Justice League, defenders of this realm, less than insects to me. I will strip bare the flesh from their bones."

"Raven." Red said as she grabbed her shoulder.

"I'm ok." Raven said as she got up and made her away towards the crystals shattered remains.

"And our pathetic friends, I will make them suffer endlessly, and you will have to watch. Soon, your souls will belong to Trigon, as will your world."

Raven groans as she started to lose strength in her legs but before her knees touched the ground, she is grabbed by her arm by Red.

"Need some help." The Huntress said as she slings the sorceress's arm over her shoulder and helps her walk.

And as they walked Red takes a look at Robin to see how he was doing and to her horror the first thing she sees is Ra's slicing Robin in the stomach, it didn't look deep enough to fatally kill him but it was definitely deep enough to draw blood.

"Damian!" She called out.

"Go, we're just 4 steps away from the crystal. I can walk the rest of the way." Raven stated.

"Are you sure?" Red asked.

"Yes."

"Ok." Red said and lets the sorceress go and speeds over to Robin and then round house kicks Ra's away from the Boy Wonder.

"Ruby, what are you doing?"

"Helping you." Red stated.

The Boy Wonder smiled at her, "Like I need help." He stated as he corrects his stance and raises his sword.

"Yeah, Yeah. Let's just defeat him already." Red stated.

And with that the couple attacked Ra's at once.

And while they fought Ra's, Raven had fell to her knees and picked up a small diamond shape shard from the crystal and was still hearing her father talking to her.

"Give up. You're too weak to stop me, Raven. You always have been. Just like your mother." Trigon said maliciously.

At the very mention of her mother Raven was overtaken with sadness as she thinks about her tragic death that she shared with the people of Azarath.

A tragedy that she caused.

But that sadness then turned into determination as she clenches her hands around the shard., she may have lost her home once, but she refuses to lose it again.

"No, my only weakness was loving you, hoping I'd be loved in returned. But all you were capable of giving is pain, so I ran away and found friends. Friends I would give my life for, friends who give me love and the strength to do this."

Getting back up on her feet Raven looks down at the shard one last time before she closes her hands together and begins to chant a spell.

And as she her feet slightly levitated off the ground and a second later the shard levitated right out of her hand.